We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi, Phuket or Koh Samui

UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Krabi, Phuket or Koh Samui

Hi guys

My wife and i (late 20's) are paying a trip to Thailand. We're going to be spending a nice chunk of time on Phi Phi Island but are wondering what to do after that?

We're thinking of going to Phuket, Krabi or Koh Samui but are not sure where to go.

We want to go somewhere fairly lively but that has got nice beaches and good nightlife.

can you help at all?

Thanks!

perth australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krabi, Phuket or Koh Samui

koh samui is the best choice for what your after

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krabi, Phuket or Koh Samui

If you're already spending time on Phi Phi, for lively nightlife , you might want to just stay on the west coast and go to Phuket. Krabi has my heart, however it is more laid back than Phuket or Koh Samui. Samui is way over on the east coast so will require quite a bit more travel time, whereas going to Phuket or even to Krabi from Phi Phi is a 1 1/2 hr ferry ride only.

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krabi, Phuket or Koh Samui

I'd also suggest Phuket for its close proximity. If you want nice beaches stay in either Kata Beach or Karon Beach which are just a 15 minute tuk tuk ride to Patong Beach where all the action is. Do all your shopping in Patong which is way cheaper than Phi Phi. There are also plenty of nice restaurants in Karon & Kata but way more nitelife in Patong Beach.

Have a great trip.

Jacqui

4. Re: Krabi, Phuket or Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2013, 21:04
SINGAPORE
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Krabi, Phuket or Koh Samui

Hi , Would you be kind enough to let me know where we can book these ferries from? Is there any particular website or something?

I am planning on taking a Ferry from Phuket to Krabi

6. Re: Krabi, Phuket or Koh Samui

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2013, 21:04
7. Re: Krabi, Phuket or Koh Samui

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 20 May 2010, 05:17