We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glass on Tub Kaek beach?

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Germany
Level Contributor
135 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Glass on Tub Kaek beach?

Hi there everyone,

we will be visiting Thailand again in the summer this year. Last year we spent 10 great days at the Amari Vogue Resort. This year we would like to try out the Anyavee. The only downside of out stay at the Amari last year, was that you could not really enjoy the beach so much, as you had to always look out for pieces of glass or whole bottle bottoms. As the Anyaveee is on the same beach as the Amari, I wanted to ask anybody who was here recently, if the glass still poses a problem. I am hoping, that the situation has improved, as the Anyavee has now finished building, and is perhaps helping to keep the beach clean.

Have a great weekend!

Germany
Level Contributor
135 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glass on Tub Kaek beach?

Has no one been to the Tubkaak, Anyavee or Amari Vogue recently?

Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glass on Tub Kaek beach?

I am the GM here at Amari Vogue and have not seen nor have I been informed of any glass problem at the beach, I have spoken to the other managers at the other hotels who say the same. When were you here?

Rgds

Simon

Germany
Level Contributor
135 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glass on Tub Kaek beach?

Hi Simon,

we were at the Amari in July last year. We loved our stay, by the way! I also wrote about the glass in my review, which I posted shortly after our return. The glass was a real problem, and we always went swimming with a somewhat uneasy feeling. Whenever we walked along the beach, we would return with several pieces of glass or whole bottle bottoms. I would be really happy to hear, that this no longer poses a longer.

Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glass on Tub Kaek beach?

Sorry about that experience, I was not yet here back in July so cannot really comment. However, we do try to do our part in maintaining a clean beach and I can say that I have yet to have anyone tell me of any current issue with this.

I will of course be keeping an eye on it. Right now it doesn't seem to be the case.

Rgds

Simon

Germany
Level Contributor
135 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glass on Tub Kaek beach?

Hi again Simon,

thanks for getting back to me on that! Should we be staying at the Anyavee, then I am sure we will come over to the Amari for the barbeque, so maybe we will get a chance to meet. We really enjoyed having dinner down by the beach.

Have a great weekend!

Regards

Tonia

Sydney
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glass on Tub Kaek beach?

We are at the Amari now - no glass on the beach. Glad were here !

Germany
Level Contributor
135 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glass on Tub Kaek beach?

Thanks for that! Enjoy the rest of your holiday! If you get a chance, have the BBQ down by the beach. We loved it!

Edited: 25 April 2010, 13:41
8. Re: Glass on Tub Kaek beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2010, 06:37