We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andaman Holiday Resort

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Andaman Holiday Resort

Hi all. I have booked a 2 week holiday at the AHR for March 2006 (first time to Thailand).I would be very grateful if anyone can give me any tips about the hotel and area. I am particularly interested in the hotel beach, including snorkelling. Is snorkelling any good from the beach at the hotel? Are there many bars and restaurants within easy walking distance? I would also be interested in any comments about the diving in the area. Looking forward to meeting Rara next door at the Sheraton too!

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Andaman Holiday Resort

Any replies please? MarkBarlow?

Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
740 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Andaman Holiday Resort

Paul

The hotel has a lovely setting with a large pool area. Your stay may depend on which room you have booked. The standard are exactly that, whilst the larger rooms are spacious and comfortable. Around the hotel there are a few bars and restaurants; you'll find more if you walk the 400 metres down to the Sheraton where "Klong Muang Plaza" has just opened with shops and restaurants. Don't expect these are to be very lively into the evening though; you might want to venture into Ao Nang, but this depends on what you're looking for!!

As for the diving, whether you're in Klong Muang or Ao Nang, you'll visit the same sights. For snorkelling, the AHR is mugh nearer some of the prettier islands for day trips etc. Aqua Vision (Dive Company) have an office in the hotel's reception.

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Andaman Holiday Resort

Eggchaser, thanks very much for your useful reply. What about the snorkelling from the AHR beach? Is it possible and is it any good? I spend most of my time on holiday snorkelling, so it is fairly important it is there 'on tap' rather than having to wait for trips (I often wander out at around 6.30 in the morning for a quick snorkel before breakfast!)

Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
740 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Andaman Holiday Resort

Paul, This stretch of beach, where there is the Sheraton, AHR and Nakamanda, has a very small headland with an island, about 80x80 metres located 100 metres offshore at high tide or walkbale at low tide. This is the only place you might find some sea life.....but I haven't tried it to be honest.

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Andaman Holiday Resort

Stayed AHR in Dec 05 and it is lovely and very peaceful. Didn't see anyone snorkelling from the beach, but you may take a long boat from Klong Muang to other islands.

As far as restaurants are concerned, there is a couple outside the entrance to the resort, and also a shop which was handy. We tended to go into Ao Nang and take the trips from there as it was cheaper than booking at the hotel. Hope this helps.