We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sea kayaking in krabi and boats to phi phi

California
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
sea kayaking in krabi and boats to phi phi

hello,

we are still at the somkiet buri in ao nang in a few weeks. two questions:

1) can any recommend a good sea kayaking company and suggested trips? i read that the Tha Lin Canyon cruise is good.

2) anyone know the latest schedules to get to/from phi phi from ao nang? can i take a longboat? also, i heard phi phi don is a bit more touristy that its smaller counterpart - should we still visit both or just go to phi phi leh?

thanks!

California
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sea kayaking in krabi and boats to phi phi

hello, wanted to one more question - can anyone recommend a beach/island off the beaten path? phi phi leh sounds great ... but i'd love to go to a place with less people in a day trip from krabi.

thanks.

Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
741 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sea kayaking in krabi and boats to phi phi

Most of the good kayaking companies operate out of Thalene Bay, sea kayak being one of thr better ones, but they'll pick you up in Ao Nang anyway. If you want a deserted island then rent a longtail boat and ask them. I know one australian lady who will show you some very quiet places and they carry a kayak on board also!! Her name is Elizabeth and you can call her on 78851125.

The boats (passenger ferries) from Ao Nang to Phi Phi actually leave from the next beach, Nopparatara Beach, and depart at 09.00 returning from Phi Phi at 15.30 (journey time about 90 minutes).

You cannot stay on Phi Phi Leh (unlike Leo Di Caprio in The Beach) but you can visit Maya Bay where the film was made. Phi Phi Don has all the hotels and restaurants and so is obviously more touristy.

California
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sea kayaking in krabi and boats to phi phi

why do the boats return so early? i was hoping to make a day trip to phi phi but sounds like that might be tough?

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: sea kayaking in krabi and boats to phi phi

Hi Mohawk, we did hong island, strongly recommended, its very beautiful and fun (although hard work) to kayak around. There's loads of tour shops in Ao Nang to choose from.

If you take a speedboat trip to Phi Phi, there are several scheduled stops, particularly around Phi Phi Leh, although you only get and hour or two on Phi Phi Don. You might be better spending a night or two there to make the most of it. Only speaking from our recent experience, Egg Chaser really is the expert (and grateful I am too!)

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: sea kayaking in krabi and boats to phi phi

Just thought I'd clarify - it was hard work kayaking because there was 3 in the kayak and only two paddling!

Get answers to your questions about Krabi Town