We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Phuket to Krabi

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai
Level Contributor
175 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from Phuket to Krabi

Hi! Planning to go in August to Phuket and would like to go to Krabi too. Which is the best option: bus, private transfer or ferry? No idea about how long it takes or how much it would be.

Thanks so much for your help!

J

Asia
Level Contributor
362 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Phuket to Krabi

Private Transfer is of course the best option, as long as BUDGET is not a concern. as for the BUS, there are many Buses going to Krabi daily from the Bus-Terminal in Phuket City.

keep in mind that GETTING TO the Bus Station in Phuket City and GETTING TO your final destination in Krabi from the Bus station there may involve two additional expensive taxi rides, so a private saloon Car Transfer may indeed be the most favourable option.

there are no ferries between Phuket and Krabi, if u insist to go by boat, you would have to go to PhiPhi from Phuket and then take a boat onward to Krabi. Most likely, this would involve an overnight stay on PhiPhi.

Dubai
Level Contributor
175 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Phuket to Krabi

Thanks so much for the info EurasiaVoyager, I've got a better idea now. I probably try to arrange a private transfer. Has anyone got contact details ofva reliable driver? I am traveling with 2 small children and safety is paramount. Also I wI'll appreciate an idea of how much would it cost roughly (I haven't decided yet if we will be staying in Ao nang, Railey or or Krabi town, so I am aware that this will influence on the price).

Cheers!

India
Level Contributor
352 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Phuket to Krabi

how about hiring a self drive car from phuket.......awesome drive and it will offer flexibity too.....n it'll be definately cheaper than a privtae transfer

Dubai
Level Contributor
175 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Phuket to Krabi

How much cheaper? I still haven't been told about how much to expect to pay for a private transfer.

Is driving in Thailand safe? We didn't drive last time around (about a couple of years ago) but had to use a lot of car transfers last year in Cambodia and the driving was appalling (not only by our drivers but by everyone else!). We didn't really spend much time on the road last time, so I can't recall how maniac the driving is. But I am not sure we would venture driving if we can avoid it. But thanks for input!

Stockholm
Level Contributor
658 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from Phuket to Krabi

At least during high season, there are direct ferries between Ao Nang and Phuket, i.e. not stopping at PP (two hours accoding to the time table; our trip took 2,5), 650 B. If the weather is OK, going by boat is much nicer than be land!

Edited: 18 June 2011, 20:41
Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from Phuket to Krabi

Hire a private transfer with a driver. You may settle the fare between THB 2500-3000 to Krabi town or Ao Nang. For Railey you have to add the boat transfer from Ao Nang. The drive to Krabi is very picturesque. The driver will certainly stop for you at any panoramic view and there are many.

India
Level Contributor
352 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling from Phuket to Krabi

like klongmuang said a private transfer wud be aroubd the 2500 mark.......a rental car wud be around 1200 bht with full insurance ....u still have to account for the gas which according to me wud be around 500bht extra to get to krabi......but it wud offer u flexibilty and u can drop off the car in krabi if u do not need it anymore.......driving in thailand is a breeze.....well for me atleast coz i live in india....no seriously!!...the roads are gud and the locals do believe in follwing traffic rules and are generally patient and well behaved ...barring a few taxi drivers maybe.....but it's defintely not like it's made out to be on some other posts that i've read...have fun!!

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
732 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling from Phuket to Krabi

Hi, yesterday we travelled from Karon to Ao nang by private mini van for 3000 baht. There were 7 of us with luggage so it wasn't too bad price wise. Driver was in a hurry though! My husband told him we had a small child travelling and to take care!!! Ao nang is lovely. Safe travels.

Bali, Indonesia
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling from Phuket to Krabi

True, driving in Thailand is quite dangerous since most people don't even hold a license! I recommend buying your ticket ahead online so that you can book a minivan pick-up service which is much easier and cheaper than the taxi hire which is mafia price fixed. www.phuketferryboats.com has the minivan booking for hotel service.

10. Re: Travelling from Phuket to Krabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 05:15