We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L resort vs phu petra

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
L resort vs phu petra

Hi. Deciding between l resort or phu petra. Any advice?

Berlin, Germany
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: L resort vs phu petra

THAILAND PICTURES NEWS

…proforums.org/viewtopic.php…

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: L resort vs phu petra

The L Resort is right on the beach in the center of the action, but also brings some noise emissions from the Centre Point entertainment area next to it. The Phu Petra is remotely located, quiet in a very nice area and you have to use their shuttle buses to get down town Ao Nang.

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: L resort vs phu petra

We are at Phu Petra right now. It's a nice relatively small resort. rooms are nice size and it has a really nice bathoo Shuttle runs hourly into town, but not hourly on the return. Nice pool area. food at restaurant is just fair. There seem to be a lot of babies here..not sure if that is the whole area or unique to Phu Petra.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: L resort vs phu petra

Hi DL, are there a lot of large group tour groups or large families too? I have reservations of going phu Petra if there are. dislike the noise

England
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: L resort vs phu petra

I have been to Phu Petra. It was nice and quiet resort. I will definitely stay this resort in very near future.

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: L resort vs phu petra

Sorry, still traveling and just saw this. There were no groups at Phu Petra during the 6 days we were there. Its not a large resort so doubt that tours would book in there. Mostly couples and couples with babies. Saw no families otehr than the parents with baby. The last day or two a group of freinds of 20 somethings arrived, but I don't think they were a tour group, just friends traveling together. Overall I would say it's a quiet place in general. Certainly no noise from the surrounding area as its pretty much off by itself. If you dont want a poolside room, be sure to get one with a cliff view which I think are the nicest rooms in terms of views. Our room looked right out to the cliffs behind the resort.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
82 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: L resort vs phu petra

Thanks!

8. Re: L resort vs phu petra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2013, 10:30