We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay & what to do?

Which Krabi Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Selangor
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay & what to do?

hi...i'm planning a 5d4n trip to krabi and im looking for a hotel to stay with my friends..i'm searching for a place that's convenient to the town area. any recommendation? preferably at beach front hotel. we are also planning to stay a night at phi phi island.. any hotel recommendation?

thanks in advance

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

Krabi Town is not the main tourist area and doesn't have a beach, it's the main administrative area, so if you want to be near the beach you will need to look at Ao Nang which is about 30 minutes from Krabi Town. Ao Nang has all the usual restaurants, shopping and bars you would expect, but there is only one truly beachfront hotel and that is Krabi Resort, at the other end of town there are some adjacent to the beach separated by a small road.

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

Ao Nang is the tourist centre in Krabi and where you should stay if you want a beach, restaurants, shops etc. The main beach is not the best, but you can go on day trips to the beautiful islands just outside Ao Nang. I can also recommend Koh Lanta further south in the Krabi region if you want a more laid back and relaxed atmosphere as Ao Nang can be too busy for some people.

Selangor
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

thanks for the info.

Selangor
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

hi irene, is koh lanta better or phi phi? my initial plan is to stay a night at phi phi and the rest of the days will be island tours..any suggestion which island is good to visit? was thinking for kayaking and snorkeling.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,951 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

Koh Lanta is much more laid back than Koh Phi Phi, much less tourists - so if you are looking for a place that isn't jam packed then pick Lanta. However, you could consider Railay beach for snorkelling and kayaking as well.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

Koh Lanta is good for relaxing and explore around island. :)

you can stay at Lanta and do day trip to Phi Phi instead.

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

Elynn: it depends on what you want, but like the others say Koh Lanta is much more relaxed and not so crowded. We were planning on going to Phi Phi but people kept telling us how packed it was with tourists, so we actually changed our minds and just stayed in Koh Lanta instead. Yes Phi Phi is beautiful, but remember how many people you need to share it with!! It takes away some of the charm in my opinion. But as I said, it depends on what you want from your trip.

What about having your base at Koh Lanta, and go on day trips from there. You can go to Phi Phi islands from here, and there are lots of trips to choose from. The Four Islands Tour is also popular. Koh Lanta has somethinf for everybody, stay north on the island if you want lots of shops, restaurants and more activities and stay further south for even less tourists and more deserted beaches.

Edited: 29 October 2012, 13:30
Selangor
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

Hi Irene, thanks alot for your input. appreciate it. i'll discuss with my friends..Prolly will consider your suggestion. :)

Selangor
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

Hi Rinirabbit..thanks for your suggestion. :)

Selangor
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay & what to do?

Hi Cassnu, thanks for the input. do u think koh lanta is less happening than phi phi? what about the night life there at koh lanta as compare to phi phi?