We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is anyone in Krabi, Ao nang at the moment?

Launceston...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Is anyone in Krabi, Ao nang at the moment?

Hi there,

Is anyone in the Ao nang area that can tell me whether the monkey on the main strip is still there? He is trained by a Thai man for photos with tourists, He happened to nip my finger (not drawing any blood) 5 weeks ago and now I'm having post exposure treatment for rabies just as a precaution.

The drs have asked if it is possible to find out whether the monkey is still around and healthy, as if it is I have nothing to worry about - the monkey seemed perfectly healthy at the time.

It's usually on the main strip of shopping in Ao nang. Any info would be very much appreciated.

Thank you kindly.

Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is anyone in Krabi, Ao nang at the moment?

In Ao Nang. Very busy here, going back to Krabi accommodation expensive,book when you can,better value in other parts of thialand, great hotel in Krabi, U.Residence, fantastic, Tele.+6675656299. It won't stay at this price for long. Good luck.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,708 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is anyone in Krabi, Ao nang at the moment?

I wouldn't put my life on the line for a monkey that may or may not be around or may have simply been replaced by a healthy looking monkey. Go with the full treatment.

3. Re: Is anyone in Krabi, Ao nang at the moment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 07:22