We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it good to travel in August 2014?

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Is it good to travel in August 2014?

Dear all,

I am planing to travel to Krabi in coming August. But after I read some blog and info about weather in Krabi, I am little bit worry it'll be raining during our trip. Our plan date is 9-12 August 14.

I went to Phuket Dec 2012 and during our days, it rain on our Isand hoping two days. But one phi phi island day was still better and still can see the sun shine often.

So I really wish to go Krabi and holiday is on August and seem like not much people going. Is it because of bad weather condition?

If rain all days, our trip will be all ruin too. :(

Awaiting for your favorable advices.

With Warmest Regards,

May.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,271 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it good to travel in August 2014?

May

Wet Season for West Coast including Krabi is May to October. So August is right in the middle and although not usually the wettest month there is a greater risk than in the Dry Season. Visitor numbers are also much less but on the other hand accommodation is often half or less the rates in the Dry Season.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,193 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it good to travel in August 2014?

Phuket and all the West coast will be in its rainy season in August. Besides some rain the seas can be rough and beaches red flagged.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,651 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it good to travel in August 2014?

Hi,

Phi Phi attracts high numbers of visitors all year round but in August people tend to head to the likes of Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it good to travel in August 2014?

The weather is unpredictable. You experienced rain in Dec 2012, which is the dry season. This season we didn't have any rain since Dec. 6, 2013 and last year in August there was not much rain, at all.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it good to travel in August 2014?

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your advice and appreciate for taking time for the answer.

Yeah, since the weather is unpredictable, I will change my plan to summer season to avoid the risk.

:D :)

With Warmest Regards,

May.

6. Re: Is it good to travel in August 2014?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:21