We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PP Smile Krabi town - dishonest and poor service

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
81 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
PP Smile Krabi town - dishonest and poor service

We booked a bus and ferry crossing from Krabi town to Ko Samui with this company based in Krabi town. They did not collect at 8am as promised at our hotel. No phone call. We phoned them many times and eventually got through. Was told the van had broken down and we would have to wait for next one at 11am.(Ha Ha that old chestnut). We paid for a taxi to their office to ensure we were not forgotten again and prepared for the long wait until 11am. At 11am no bus had arrived. The young staff just sat there, and the manager in his nice flashy merc on the pavement said nothing either. I approached the manager and advised him if no van in next 10mins we wanted our money back. Well that did the trick, as always in Thailand mention money they move, even putting down their precious iphones. I then noticed the manager having conversation on his mobile. 10 mins later an old mini van arrived. However we were not driven to Surat Thani for our ferry but taken 1 mile up the road to another tour operator. When we complained to new tour operator about the poor service, we were informed they had nothing to do with our original booking and that manager at PP Smile had only just phoned them to arrange our transport and she did not know we needed a ferry to Ko Samui.

My experience, after many holidays in Thailand and living here for the past 9 months is that behind all the false smiles, lies a greedy and selfish culture developing in the tourist industry. The will never tell the truth, their culture is to lie always and 'save face'.

Thalassa Tour
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Speed Boats Tours
First Level Kayaking Trip
Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Chok Suwit Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Hire, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Trip Store Krabi
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Kayaking & Canoeing
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PP Smile Krabi town - dishonest and poor service

Thank you for the info as we need to travel from Ao-Nang to samui and return in round 2 weeks and were looking at options how to do this

So please anybody who may have any ideas instead of flying please let us know

kind regards Len

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
81 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PP Smile Krabi town - dishonest and poor service

although we did eventually arrive in Ko Samui after our escapade, it took us 8 hours in total, with no delays may I add after we left at 11am. I highly recommend flying. The bus journey and ferry is very long. 3 hours drive to Nathon ferry port, which is not in Surat Thani but an hours drive from the town. Plus another 1 and a half to 2 hours ferry crossing. If you choose the cheapest ferry it arrives in Ko Samui at Donsak pier, you need to get a taxi 500 baht or try to use songthaew 100 baht, about another 1 hr drive to resorts of Chaweng, Bophut, Lamai ect.

If you choose to fly you can get songthaew from Ao Nang to Krabi airport - about 1 hr, then fly with Bangkok Airways from Krabi Airport a 50min flight. Ko samui airport 10 mins from resorts. So if you have the money fly, also Ko Samui airport is delightful and Krabi airport nice and small with no hassles. There are lots of add on extras if you book boat and ferry but it is going to cost you around 700 baht each the cheapest route or 1200 baht if you take catamaran express ferry. The flights are around 2500 baht each

Don't use mini buses, choose local buses, taxis or songthaews. It is very dangerous going by mini bus if you choose the wrong company. They drive like crazy, the roads are not safe and there have been lots of deaths and accidents. I do not exaggerate, want you to have safe and happy holiday, and i am not a safety freak, if I was I would not live in Thailand!

Level Contributor
855 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: PP Smile Krabi town - dishonest and poor service

@Len --- fly if you can, the time and hassle saved is worth the cost.

But by road, you need to bypass all the agents in AoNang and take a songthaew to Krabi Bus Station.

This company http://www.phantiptravel.com/ takes the volume of passengers on that route so you might be on one of their buses (keep an eye on your valuables). I havn't used them , but I have used their contract minibuses with no problems.

Buy the tickets from the counter and not from somebody walking up to you looking friendly.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
818 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PP Smile Krabi town - dishonest and poor service

Why don't you all just buy a ticket from LOMPRAYAH to solve all the problem?

Tickets can easily be purchased from any tour offices in Krabi Town or Ao Nang.

5. Re: PP Smile Krabi town - dishonest and poor service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 05:17