We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi Area Accomodation - Always this busy in December?

UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Krabi Area Accomodation - Always this busy in December?

I am having trouble getting available quality accommodation in Ao Nang, Railey or Koh Lanta for the Christmas and new Year period.

Is it always like this and is it due to package holiday companies reserving all the best hotels/resorts?

If it is, will I find that some are freed up nearer to December when tour companies release rooms?

What is the chance of picking up some good rooms on arrival without pre-booking (My preferred way of travelling)?

Any one know of quality accommodation (2000-5000 baht/night type) still available in the Krabi area?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Krabi Andaman Tour & Transfer
Taxis & Shuttles, Scuba & Snorkeling, Sightseeing Tours
Trip Store Krabi
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Kayaking & Canoeing
Barracudas Tour
Sightseeing Tours
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krabi Area Accomodation - Always this busy in December?

Krabi / Koh lanta would be busy over Christmas and New Year, try Beachsiam.com, they have a very large choice and also include lots of budget places, if you want to go straight to the list of places:

www.r24.org/beachsiam.com/krabi/hotels/

I would not recommend arriving without a booking, you should at this time still be able to find something. Good luck.

Buriram, Thailand
Level Contributor
741 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krabi Area Accomodation - Always this busy in December?

I'm sure most of this is from the package companies but I wouldn't take the risk. It was very busy last year and I think it will be even more so this year.

I agree with Monica and I would take what you can at this point.

Australia
Level Contributor
432 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krabi Area Accomodation - Always this busy in December?

Eggchaser,

can I please get your opinion on when to book accommodation for Railey beach for March next year.

Earlier Mosegrisen suggested to me to wait until mid January when prices should come down from what they are advertising now.

What are your thoughts (seeing as you're a local - you may have a good idea) please?

I am keen to stay at the Sunrise Tropical with the family (will need to book 2 rooms).

One more question if you don't mind - the one thing worrying me about staying at Railey is trying to get a longtail to Ao Nang and back.

Do you know what time roughly would be the latest at night that a longtail would take us back to Railey without the fares going up?

Thanks

Nicky

Any other information would also be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Krabi Area Accomodation - Always this busy in December?

Hi Nomad,

I'm searching for rooms in Krabi/ Koh Lanta as well, initially plan to visit during xmas period but now postpone to new year, the following are still available:

Krabi Seaview: 'Baht 4350 per night/double occ./ABF, SC and VAT included - available from 24. to 27.12.2006 (extension possible until 29.12.2006 if you move into another bungalow on 27.12.2006)...' quoted by Andre, the manager. you may drop an email to info@krabi-seaview.com

Aonang Paradise Resort (non beach front) rooms available, I managed to get a room on x'mas eve, but i've postpone the trip :) you may email them at hotel@aonang-paradise-resort.com

Resort requested, but no rooms available from mid Dec - mid Jan:

Andaman Lanta

Lanta Palace

Narima Resort

If you encounter any other resorts available, please update us :) thanks.

Jen

UK,
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Krabi Area Accomodation - Always this busy in December?

I'm also looking for accommodation during this time. Can anyone help me with recommendations on the west side of railay??

Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Krabi Area Accomodation - Always this busy in December?

Diamond Cave still available but is located at the East side.

Check their website: http://www.diamondcave-railay.com

If Koh Lanta, Lanta Ilmare still available. http://www.lanta-ilmare.com/

7. Re: Krabi Area Accomodation - Always this busy in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 06:21