We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange rates

Fulham, London
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange rates

Hi we will be in Phuket mid October, can anyone tell me the exchange rate for 1£ sterling. Should I buy Thai Bhat before I go or get it when we arrive.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Cafe de Paris
££ - £££, Steakhouse, Mediterranean, European
Sam's Steaks and Grill
££££, Steakhouse, European, International
Naughty Nuri's
£, Asian, Grill, Indonesian
70 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,521 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange rates

Similar post: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g317…

Usually better to buy it in Thailand, don't know what the rate will be like in October.

Mentioned in this post
London, United...
Level Contributor
14,645 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange rates

Change in Thailand for better rate.

https://daytodaydata.net/ Rates continuously change.

Mentioned in this post
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
8,742 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange rates

Ray and I share the same crystal ball. Impossible to tell you what the rate will be tomorrow let alone next month.

Today you could get around 44.5 at the best places.

Best to get your baht in Thailand.

Mentioned in this post
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange rates

Best to exchange there There exchange rate differs but go to the exchange boxs on the street there many of them so look around and look for best rate don't go to the airport the rate is lower

5. Re: Exchange rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 September 2017, 10:05

Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange rates

To be fair, the question on where to exchange gets asked almost daily so a quick search should give you the information, not to mention there is an FAQ about it at the side (not on mobile site).

Also finding the current exchange rate is fairly simple and not really a question that needs asked here, and asking what the exchange rate might be in a month is pointless.

Personally i find some posters responses to these questions unnecessarily nasty (not on this particular thread) and they would be better off ignoring the post if they can't be constructive, but equally I understand when people start to get a bit annoyed after the 100th time.

I think the best advice is do a search first for the information - here and google - and if you are struggling then by all means ask, but people appreciate when posters have at least made some effort themselves in the first place.

Lastly, calling people snowflakes isn't going to win you any friends.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
733 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exchange rates

Exchange rates for October? Private messag me and I'll let you know, same same for next weeks lottery numbers, the winner of the next Grand National, the final score in next January's Super Bowl and the result of the NZ general election.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,521 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exchange rates

"don't go to the airport the rate is lower"

Depends which airport you are talking about. At BKK if you go exchanges next to ARL station the rates are good, I noticed that SuperRich Thailand rates were better than some of their city centre ones. Yes the rates inside the airport building are poor.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
London
Level Contributor
195 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Exchange rates

Dumb question but if I can buy THB for 44.6 and sell them for 43 to the (British) Pound , according to the website link, what is there to stop me getting a wheelbarrow and eventually making myself a millionaire? I would make 1.6 Baht per Pound sold, and bought back. If I could manage to make enough return trips between the respective Bureau De Changes with, say £10,000 each time, then it should only take a fortnight.

10. Re: Exchange rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 September 2017, 13:35

Reply to: Exchange rates
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Patong