We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommendations on day tours from patong???

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Any recommendations on day tours from patong???

We would like to have day tours from Patong. Any recommendations please????

18 replies to this topic
3 posts
11. Re: Any recommendations on day tours from patong???

Hi, this is Dipen, I just gone through your message. Even next month I'm travelling to Patong. I need to book Phi phi Island. Can you suggest me some tours where I can get good deal.

Regards, Dipen.

Geraldton, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
15 reviews
12. Re: Any recommendations on day tours from patong???

I can recommend Phuket Sail Tours for a great day out in Phang Na Bay .

We went with them last year and it was fantastic :- http://phuketsailtours.com/

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
536 posts
13. Re: Any recommendations on day tours from patong???

@ChrisThom666 - you listed www.phukettoursdirect.com/, and I have checked the prices out, and to compare them to Phuket Sail Tours for a Phi Phi Speedboat day trip, it's less than HALF the price of PST.

That has me worried, from a lot of posters on here, "you get what you pay for"...whats the catch with them, there has to be one!

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
22 reviews
14. Re: Any recommendations on day tours from patong???

There is no catch. We have done plenty of tours over many years with the cheaper local companies and they are just fine, never ever had a problem and have enjoyed every one. They also do NOT overcrowd their boats/buses etc as some people will try and tell you. We have probably done in excess of 30 tours to different places and with different companies and have enjoyed each one.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
536 posts
15. Re: Any recommendations on day tours from patong???

Is there then a fear of the "local" companies vs say Simba and PST?

We are "this close" (thumb and index finger nearly touching) booking the Simba National Park tour as it seems to be unlike the usual other tours, but pricey, however greatly reviewed - cost though, 2 adults and 2 children is 14,700THB....

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,808 posts
13 reviews
16. Re: Any recommendations on day tours from patong???

Hi J. I suggest you find the name of the company that runs the tour, not the agent selling the tour, and check the reviews of that company. Then you can decide which tours suit you best.

I hope this helps,

Mark.

Phuket Sail Tours.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
837 posts
88 reviews
17. Re: Any recommendations on day tours from patong???

post 20,sophie is correct,

all the crashed/sunk/boat tours etc i have seen were ALL chinese boats /many have chinese owners too

& chinese passengers with crappy crews.

i trust venture tours b4 any other,good boats & crews,fair price & safety,

my friend gets you good deals in phuket.

Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
18. Re: Any recommendations on day tours from patong???

Hi Chris. Do yourself a favour and consider the sea cave canoe tour out of Phuket marina. Easy to access from tour vendors on main streets. Hotels will charge through the roof for tours so consider vendor shops on main streets. Also consider the sunset tour on the Chinese junk ship again out of the harbour. Phuket old town market if you’re looking for something same same but different. Just be mindful that the tour operators take you to various factories such as silk, honey, and gem factories etc which you may not have an interest in but the tour takes in anyway. I Think in Phuket you need to roll with the punches a bit but it will all be fun.

Reply to: Any recommendations on day tours from patong???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted