We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patong Accomodation for 2 friends

2 posts
Patong Accomodation for 2 friends

Hi travel gurus!

My friend and I (2 girls) are traveling to Phuket at the start of Nov, looking for either twin room or 2 bedroom.

Ideally all our tick boxes were:

Beachfront, Swim-up bar, pool access room, not full of kids (that's still right up there...), and not full of creepy men...(wait for the backlash...!), breakfast included, close to nightlife and street food.

Apparently that resort doesn't exist, so whoever can point me in the direction of the hotel which ticks the most boxes will win my eternal gratitude!

Oh, also, can you make all that happen for under $250NZD total, about 6000 baht per night!? I'm dreaming right...

Take away the beachfront options, so far my faves are Burasari and Grand Mercure Patong.

And as an out of town option, Thavorn Beach Village.

Love you long time x

10 replies to this topic
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
782 posts
1. Re: Patong Accomodation for 2 friends

at 6000 bht a night there's no way creepy men will be there --they only go too cheap "guest freindly" places like me ---andy creepy jessopp

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,781 posts
131 reviews
2. Re: Patong Accomodation for 2 friends

Look at booking.com put in your budget and criteria. Look at their map.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
867 posts
137 reviews
3. Re: Patong Accomodation for 2 friends

Thavorn is very nice. Hillside rooms have a spa on the balcony with fantastic views. Only drawback it is a fair diatance...unwalkable due the road ... to Patong. The hotel does provide a shuttle bus though. There are no shops or restaurants close by to the hotel either which is a bit of a negative. But very very good all the same. Found the cheapest price on booking.com, but have heard some bad reports on booking.com in the last fortnight re dodgy charges.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
76 reviews
4. Re: Patong Accomodation for 2 friends

Have a look at Banthai. Not beachfront (hardly any Phuket hotels are) but just down a small side street and across the road to Patong beach. 3 blocks which each face a pool and there are pool access rooms - Deluxe Pool room and Deluxe rooms. When you look at the photos on the website you can see the difference (a few steps) we went for Deluxe - just a few extra steps really.

Each pool has a swim-up bar and different happy hours so you can go from one to the other. Great breakfast, hardly any kids and there are heaps of places to eat and drink within minutes.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
178 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: Patong Accomodation for 2 friends

Suggest that you look at Marriott Nai Yang for at least one or two of your nights. Superb hotel.

Infinity pool.

Excellent walking beach.

Dream sunset.

Pool access rooms.

Nai Yang beach is a 20 min walk away.

5 mins by taxi to come back.

Great food there.

See my recent review for pics.

Edited: 25 September 2018, 05:58
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
178 posts
104 reviews
6. Re: Patong Accomodation for 2 friends

PS.

Don't worry about creepy men. I can assure you, we have zero interest in girls from NZ.

😂😂😂😂

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
782 posts
7. Re: Patong Accomodation for 2 friends

2 single beds or a double?

Level Contributor
16 posts
8. Re: Patong Accomodation for 2 friends

Gday check out the banthai resort will suit all your needs

2 posts
9. Re: Patong Accomodation for 2 friends

Thanks team!

Hahaha Michael S & Andy J, that's some great advice from a couple of creepy men, ideal!

2 singles, or 2 doubles, whatever...

Grahunts - yes I've done that thanks, many times, with many different variations... I'm after travelers personal experiences

Thanks Josco, will have a look :)

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
782 posts
10. Re: Patong Accomodation for 2 friends

do a boat trip with pst --phuket sail tours ladys --u won't be dissapointed !

Reply to: Patong Accomodation for 2 friends
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Patong