We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers to Patong hotel

Sydney
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfers to Patong hotel

Were going to Patong in February, staying at Graceland Resort and haven't booked any airport transfers. I have heard that the cheapest way is by metered Taxi? Having never been there before wondering if its easy enough to find a taxi or should i book something before we go?

We will be going from Patong to Phi Phi Island for a few nights and haven't booked transfers there either..

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Graceland Resort & Spa
Phuket Graceland Resort...
2,924 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
935 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfers to Patong hotel

There's no need to organise your hotel transfer in advance, same for getting to Phi Phi you will easily organise that after your arrival. This Inside Page should assist you further;

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293920-s304/Phuket:T…

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
935 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfers to Patong hotel

Easy to arrange but make sure you get a metered taxi. Turn right as you exit the terminal and walk 50 meters to the end of the veranda.

Pay the man at the taxi booth 100 baht and he will call a metered taxi around to the front. When you arrive at your Patong hotel pay the driver the fare on the meter....about 400 baht.

Ignore offers of limo, taxi, metered taxi etc as you walk to the metered taxi booth.

We have some pics of the booth and the metered taxis on our Phuket tip page here... www.bobandjanette.com

When you book your ferry to Phi Phi island (from just about any street corner), the fare normally included hotel pick-up.

Happy & safe travels

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
935 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Sydney
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfers to Patong hotel

Thank you so much!!!! Information and links are very helpful.

surat
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfers to Patong hotel

book tour of phi phi through jc tours..excellent service.they also give free airport pick up.

we had airport pickup through them on 18th oct...flight of airasia late 1 hr...but their representative miss kai waiting for us at airport with a smile...excellent tour we had the other day ,for phi phi.

India
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfers to Patong hotel

I would be travelling to Phuket from Bangkok soon. I will be arriving at Phuket Airport at 2130 hrs. or later. will it be a problem getting a metered taxi to Patong at that hour? I have another querry. Should i book a trip to Phi Phi in advance through the web or should I do it after arriving in Phuket through a local agent? I mean, which will be cheaper?

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
500 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
935 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfers to Patong hotel

I have just arrived back in Aus from Patong and at the airport taxi now they just charge you the 500 bt at the booth and give you the receipt. No problems at all.

Regards

Ozlady55

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfers to Patong hotel

Taxis will still be operating at 2130hrs.

If you have a day or so in advance I would just book Phi Phi once I arrive. Ferry ticket normally include hotel pick-up.

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
935 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Sydney
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfers to Patong hotel

Thank you!!! sounds like it will be easy enough for a first timer like me to arrange :-)

Birmingham
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Transfers to Patong hotel

Metered taxis are not the only option.

As you exit the baggage hall for international arrivals you will see a "limo" desk. Book and pay for your car here - it's a fixed charge of 550 Baht to Patong. They will give you a ticket, and a porter will help you with your bags to the cars waiting outside. The service is quick and efficient, and - unlike a taxi - it's a fixed price which you know upfront.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Transfers to Patong hotel

Beware the "limo" desk as, even though the cars are very comfortable, you will be up for an unexpected stop at a "travel agent" enroute to your hotel. They will want to tell you where to stay and will use very agressive tactics to get their point across. It is far preferable to avoid contact with these people by using metered taxis.

Get answers to your questions about Patong