We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

about flu H1N1

Paris, France
Level Contributor
295 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
about flu H1N1

hi,

we go in Puket for Xmas and Eve,what about the flu?is it prefeable to be vaccin in Europe or not because we have not a good feeling about this vaccin?

what to do?

:-))

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: about flu H1N1

I'm an RN in NICU. We have about 60+ nurses in our unit and several neonatologists as well as working hand in hand with pediatricians. Most of us have gotten our shots. Some of us are still weary of it of course, but feel that the benefits outweigh the risks. I'll be getting my family done.

However in the end, it is your decision, and you have to do what is right for you. We got the shots not so much to protect ourselves as to protect the babies we look after since many have low to no immunity.. and to protect our families since we are being exposed to it.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
295 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: about flu H1N1

thank's for your answer but we are about 50years,many people in France

prefer stay without vaccin because most doctors said swine flu is not more dangerous as the other?

:-))

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: about flu H1N1

its up to you..

vancouver
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: about flu H1N1

My Wife son and daughter had it a few weeks back.Everyone is fine now.It seemed like any other flu....I wonder if we are done with it now??

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: about flu H1N1

I had it about 4 months ago and it was no different to any other Flu but having said that it affects everyone differently.

Best advice is to see your doctor.

Cheers,

Pete.

Maryborough Vic
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: about flu H1N1

it might not kill you but it can wreck a holiday. get the shot

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: about flu H1N1

Hi there,

Like most people have said, it really depends on you and/or what your doctor advices. I work in a hospital and so have all my necessary vaccines up-to-date except for the flu vaccines (H1N1 & seasonal flu). Before, the flu vaccine was strongly recommended for young children, the elderly, the people with chronic illnesses and those who are immunologically compromised however it's become very common these days. There's a lot of literature and studies available online on the effectiveness of it.

I always stick to 3 things. 1. Eat healthy. 2. Get plenty of exercise (to help boost your immunity) and 3. Exercise proper hygiene and sanitation at all times.

To vaccinate or not to vaccinate - that is the question indeed!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
295 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: about flu H1N1

hi,

i have read your topic,but we go in Puket for Xmas and Eve,shot in France or

not,because we are afraid to be vaccine in Thailande.If have the choice i prefer to do it in France?

tank's

nice day:-))

9. Re: about flu H1N1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Patong