We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nickys Handlebar.

australia
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nickys Handlebar.

ive been reading some reviews on Nickys Handlebar. could someone tell me where abouts it is please?? how would one get to it from Thaweewong road and patong beach road??......judychAust.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nickys Handlebar.

Judy from your hotel (Gracelands) its only about a 3 minute walk.

Come out the back entrance of your hotel and walk up the lane (Soi Eden) at the end turn right and you will see Nickys about 20 metres down the road on the opposite side.

That little lane also has a 7/11, laundry, chemist etc so your in a good location.

My link has a map showing Nickys.

http://www.cathyandgarystravelpages.com/nicky's_handlebar.htm

Cathy

australia
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nickys Handlebar.

CathyandGary...thank you so much i really appreciate this.

im trying to draw a map for myself...lol...putting in the main roads and some of the places we would want to visit in the first few days.l

im thinking, after that flight from australia that i will need a massage the next morning. we dont get in until fairly late in the evening...so i thought that next morning i would go get a massage.

its in the first few days that i need to have directions. idont want to waste any time..even though i know that every outing is going to be a great experience...even so, i want to be able to just go straight to massage, and then to good eating places....

im going to check out your website. its so well done, i just love it. im going to spent this evening just pouring over everything you have on it.

thanks again........

now, one more thing. do you know where the nearest and cheapest/best massage is please??...........regards judychAust.

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nickys Handlebar.

Here is a Patong map...

thaiwaysmagazine.com/phuket_map/phuket_map_p…

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nickys Handlebar.

Judy the closest would be your hotel, but expnsive thats why Swiss Palm have a lot of Gracelands customers coming over for massages.

So if you dont want to walk more than 1 minute go into Swiss Palm Beach Hotel, a massage there is about 300baht. Or go the same way to Nickys and you will pass 3 more places.

These are all close to Gracelands.

(Nickys is better for dinner, its pretty hot and quiet in there during the day).

Cathy

australia
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nickys Handlebar.

Thanks so much Kathy.... have you had many massages there?? judych aust

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nickys Handlebar.

So many I have lost count maybe 50 lol. I go there if I dont feel like walking anywhere. (We always stay at Swiss Palm)

I really like Dolphin massage they are about a 10 min walk along the beach road heading south.

You will find heaps of places!

Cathy

australia
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Nickys Handlebar.

Cathy....so you recommend Nickys for a meal then??.........judych aust

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nickys Handlebar.

Hi Judy,

Nicky's is a great place for a meal and a drink or snack as the food, service and atmosphere is excellent. We have had many meals there and you just can't fault them.

Cheers, Pete.

australia
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Nickys Handlebar.

hi Pete......and this place is along beach road then? until i acually get there i cant get a really good idea of the layout . from what im reading, its pretty busy along beach road though...ive looked at some of the maps that have been suggested here in the forum....

...how long is beach road ....with the shops, markets etc etc??....im assuming that they are all on the top side of the road ...that there are none on the beachside??.........like i said, its a bit difficult to get a really good pic yet. regards judych aust.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
548 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nickys Handlebar.

Hi Judy

The beachfront road (Thaweewong Road). is quite a long road as is Rath-u-Thit. From Gracelands to the south end can take a good 45/60 minutes depending on what you do along the way. We usually walk along the beach - one way at least and tghen stroll back down the road.

Just pace yourself, allow for the heat etc and make certain you take in plenty of (bottled) water.

Do not make too many detailed plans in advance. The posts here, on Cathy and Gary's pages and, of course, the TS will get you started, then "just go with the flow" remembering always that in Phuket, it's 'Thai time' no matter what the clock says!

The Tip Sheet should be in your 'Inbox' - I sent it about 1 hour ago (approx 9.30 am your time).

Enjoy your holiday!

Cheers!

Richard

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Get answers to your questions about Patong