We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool access rooms patong- where to stay-Banthai -Laflora ect

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
Pool access rooms patong- where to stay-Banthai -Laflora ect

After a trip to Thailand this year and absolutly falling in love with the place myself and the hubby have decided to return in 2010. We stayed at the Merlin Beach resort this year in a pool access room and would love to find some thing of the same quality but closer to Patong beach. The pool access rooms at Merlin beach were fantastic and private, it also did not matter what time of the night you got back to the room and went for a quite swim . A couple of the hotels we have looked at that have Pool access rooms are the Banthai and the La flora. Has anyone stayed at any one of these or others that could be recommended.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool access rooms patong- where to stay-Banthai -Laflora ect

I used to have a saved list of pool access rooms but can't find it, so will try off the top of my head

Burasari

Banthai (as you noted)

La Flora

Thantip (north end)

Holiday Inn

Thara Patong

Baumanburi

We are addicted to pool access rooms and would probably choose Banthai or Thara Patong. Lee

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool access rooms patong- where to stay-Banthai -Laflora ect

hi tania

yes we stayed in pool access room at Merlin Beach, think they will take some beating, theyre fantastic aren't they? but have to keep getting shuttle and taxis is the only problem. well, for same or simular price and quality, and to be in Patong as well, maybe have to go La Flora or Holiday Inn- Busakorn wing :)

australia
Level Contributor
253 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool access rooms patong- where to stay-Banthai -Laflora ect

The Banthai have pool- front or pool-access rooms. We stayed in a pool-front room and it's literally 5 steps to the pool. You pay more for the pool- access rooms where you can step off your porch into the pool, but you're in the same pool as everyone else and I don't think it's worth paying the extra. We LOVED the Banthai. We checked out the Laflora last year (up next to the Impiana Cabana?) and it was very expensive. Banthai for me.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
548 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pool access rooms patong- where to stay-Banthai -Laflora ect

In town, The Banthai. It has 3 pools - one for each wing! Best of the best says 'madam' and we have stayed at quite a few over 15 years of visiting Phuket.

Five minutes north, The Thavorn.

La Flora is very central, right on the beach and very upmarket! I have never actually seen anyone in the 'quite narrow' pools though.

You - and indeed - all members of TA are most welcome to a Tip Sheet that a friend and I have put together over 15 years of visiting Phuket. It is a sort of quick start to your holiday.

I also have some notes (such as the above) on places to stay. Not that what suits us will suit everyone! Remind me to include it.

My email is: rfdunedin@ymail.com.

Cheers!

Richard

Edited: 06 December 2009, 06:47
western australia
Level Contributor
290 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool access rooms patong- where to stay-Banthai -Laflora ect

We stayed at the Holiday Inn - Busakorn Wing Pool Villas with direct access a couple of years ago and thought they were fantastic. Apparently they have had an upgrade since then so imagine they would be even better now.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
413 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pool access rooms patong- where to stay-Banthai -Laflora ect

HI<

We stayed in the pool access rooms at the Holiday Inn Busakorn wing about 4 weeks ago. The rooms are awesome (so is the free mini bar!). The pool is beautiful & the service is great.

Cheers,

Tavia

Western Australia
Level Contributor
523 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pool access rooms patong- where to stay-Banthai -Laflora ect

the Millenium also has pool access rooms.

Australia
Level Contributor
173 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pool access rooms patong- where to stay-Banthai -Laflora ect

We stayed in a pool access room at Thara Patong which was great for us, our kids are 9 and 11 back in July 2009. I can only recommend Thara as this is the only hotel we have stayed at. Other reviewers may be able to help or recommend..enjoy your stay again in Thailand.....

england
Level Contributor
98 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pool access rooms patong- where to stay-Banthai -Laflora ect

hi tried to email you but it returned for some reason i would love your list of things to do in phuket. hopefully going in april for my 5oth with wife.

many thanks

Nigel

england
Level Contributor
98 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pool access rooms patong- where to stay-Banthai -Laflora ect

hi would love your list going to phuket in april hopefully for my 50th. unfortunately i sent email but it returned undeliverable

many thank

Nigel