We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amari Coral or La Flora

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
98 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Amari Coral or La Flora

hopefully going for my 50th with wife in April. i have looked at the reviews and it is so difficult to chose. Any help gratefully received!

We had considered Merlin beach but have probably discounted as it appears to far out of town, again views appreciated.

Switzerland
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amari Coral or La Flora

Amari Coral - great views, nice private beach no hassles from hawkers, on a hill - meaning you're not in the middle of the action yet still walking distance for when you want it. . Note I've not stayed at la Flora so can't comment.

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,523 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amari Coral or La Flora

La Flora is right in the centre of Patong Beach, and is on the beach. I would choose la Flora simply on location, its close to nightlife, shopping is everywhere, short walk to Jungceylon. Its too hot to walk too far.

Adelaide South...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Amari Coral or La Flora

Hi

My husband I stayed at Amari Coral Beach in October for his 50th birthday!! We had a wondertul time there. After reading all of the reviews on TA we decided on the Amari and don't have a bad word to say. It is a really beautiful resort. You are right on the beach and within walking distance to the restaurants, markets etc. The hill on the way back can be a bit of a pain when its hot - we mostly caught a tuk tuk back for 150 baht (they do ask 200 baht but we were nearly always able to find one for 150 baht!) The resort is away from the hustle and bustle. The private jetty where you can relax and have a drink and something to eat is gorgeous. The buffet breakfast is delicious. The pools are lovely and Happy Hours were great!!! We loved the Amari and would highly recommend it.

Phuket
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Amari Coral or La Flora

I've stayed at the Amari Coral 3x now & have never been disappointed. It is only a short distance if you want to get into Patong Beach by tuk-tuk, yet far enough away that you don't have to deal with the noise from Patong Beach.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amari Coral or La Flora

I love Patong and would normally choose to stay close to everything, but if I was going for my 50th I would also want some quiet time and the ability to get away from all the hustle and bustle, leaving me the Amari as my choise out of the two. I know La Flora's rooms look gorgeous in comparison to the Amari, but the hotel surrounds would be the deciding factor for me and that's where the Amari would win out of the two. I stayed at the Amari on my first trip to Phuket in 1990 and my traveling buddy and I both joked we would love to go stay there as part of our honeymoon. I have not stayed there since, but every trip I think I'll book a few nights there just to show my hubby but maybe next time.

Lee

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
65 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amari Coral or La Flora

stayed at the amari coral in august after reading posts and reviews on here. we were not disappointed. hotel was fantastic, excellent location, walking distance to the action but enough out the way for some relaxation time!!!! staff were superb couldnt do enough to help. we will definately be staying here again!!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amari Coral or La Flora

we have stayed at Merlin Beach and its a great hotel, great pools and private small beach but is out of town you cant walk to anything, the hotel shuttle takes you in and picks you up, but we mostly got tuk tuks back late at night, 200/250bhat, its great if you don't mind doing that! their other hotel right in town Patong Merlin is great too, but get a pool view room and also Holiday inn, we looked in the delux seaview rooms best one in main wing of hotel, or the rooms in the busakorn wing better, great pool areas, pool access rooms fantastic and no taxi needed, right in town but not noisy

england
Level Contributor
98 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amari Coral or La Flora

Thanks to all have booked the Amari cant wait

cape town
Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amari Coral or La Flora

Good choice - Amari is awesome, awesome, awesome! I will be at the amari again in July for 30 nights!!!!!

Adelaide South...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Amari Coral or La Flora

Excellent choice. I hope you enjoy the Amari as much as we did. Have a wonderful holiday!