We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much $$$ should i take

Melbourne
2 posts
Save Topic
how much $$$ should i take

Hi Everyone,

Just want to know how much cash i should take with me. im spending around 10 days in patong. i will want to do a lot of tours, play golf, shop a bit. any ideas would be a huge help. thanks

vancouver
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much $$$ should i take

with room or without.?tours are average 1500 thb.Golf is alot more from what i have read.Patong is not cheap.i would say at least $ 2000 aus ......All depends on ....well everything

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how much $$$ should i take

Hi

We usually average £50 per day for the two of us, this includes all meals, drinks, tours and a bit of shopping, but it depends on what and where you eat and drink. Always shop around for your tours, or hire a driver for the day, this will keep your costs down.

Eileen

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much $$$ should i take

averaged about 5000 baht a day,included accomadation and tours

Melbourne
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how much $$$ should i take

thanks guys,

accomadation is all payed for its just spending money for food, shopping drinks etc

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how much $$$ should i take

I would allow $1500 which as you have paid for your hotel should be heaps for you to live pretty well - if your hotel has a breakfast included make the most of that as well, I find I don't really eat that much when in Thailand - breaky and dinner and very little for lunch.

Buying your own drinks away from the resort and stocking you mini bar is a good idea as well as some snacks for trips to the beach etc.

I have made it through 10 days on $1000Aud in the past and I by no means skimped, as others have said it depends on you and what you want to buy.

Buy as many of your clothes as you can from the one place to have more power in getting a cheaper price!

As other post said, shop around for tours and don;t be shy in telling them of a better price you have been quoted.

Time of year may also impact on prices.

6. Re: how much $$$ should i take

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Patong