We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premium Outlet Phuket - Shopping ... anyone been?

leeton nsw australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Premium Outlet Phuket - Shopping ... anyone been?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has been to the new shopping outlet in Phuket? I was wanting some feedback on the prices, variety of shops etc, as well as how far out of Patong it is.

Thanks in advance, Juls.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Premium Outlet Phuket - Shopping ... anyone been?

Hi julscalabro,

are you referring to Jungceylon in patong?great shopping center all you need clothing,movies,electronics,food and a great water show for free oh and a shooting range, prices are so so i got a 42inch lg plasma for $600 last time i was there.it is pretty much in the heart of patong just off bangla rd main strip of patong.

leeton nsw australia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Premium Outlet Phuket - Shopping ... anyone been?

Thanks iluvthailand 8-) i have been to Jungceylon, and i agree with you, it's a great shopping centre. There is a new outlet mall that has opened, its called 'Premium Outlet Market' situated in Phuket. We are returning to Thailand this July and it (mall) looks very large and modern on the net.

Thanks for your reply 8-) Juls

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
753 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premium Outlet Phuket - Shopping ... anyone been?

Hi julscalabro I'm thinking it's the outlet close to the airport? A very clean concrete jungle. Mostly brand name shops and to be honest not at all cheap, similar prices to here in Australia (maybe a little bit cheaper). In my opinion a great waste of time, we dragged the kids around for a couple of hours and the best part was the yummy ice creams we had as that was all we bought!

I guess if you're staying fairly close by might be worth a look but we were at Karon and had made a special trip all excited to spend some $$.

Phuket
Level Contributor
187 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Premium Outlet Phuket - Shopping ... anyone been?

Hello,

Premium Outlet is not near the aiport it is on the ByPass road, almost exactly in the middle of the island. It is further north than Central or the big Tesco Lotus, but it is still 30 minutes south of the airport.

I go there quite often, but i do not recommend it for tourists, really. It is very very very hot. It is concrete shops side by side, and there is no airconditioning, fans or shade between the shops. As such you are running from shop to shop literally frying in between. There are no restaurants except for what looks like a staff canteen, and a little subway cart that sells hot dogs, and an icecream store. It has no entertainment like movies, bowling, or anything that the other big department stores have (like central or junk ceylon).

It has a few brand name stores, but they are not brands that I have ever seen or care about, forget gucci or anything like that, just shop after shop of never-heard of asian footwear stores that are expensive.

There are a few australian shops, like one called Surfers Paradise, and another selling.. hmm cant remember but like Roxy or something (a girls surfwear brand). I tried on loads of dresses and nothing fitted or worked at all (i am size 8-10). It was all factory seconds, but worse than that. They were factory throw-outs. They were missing zips, were completely missmatched pieces of cloth, they were utterly unwearable and they were not even cheap! 1,000 baht for a junk-dress is not cheap!

I go because I like the big sports store, it has name-brand stuff (which you need for sporting equipment, life jackets, sport shoes, fishing equipment, because it needs to be quality) and it is quite cheap there.

otherwise, i would really not bother. If you want a shopping department go to Central Festival. It has all the big names as well as lots of bargains if you have the time to look, as well as the aircon, the entertinment and the restaurants.

My boyfriend went there looking for flip flops in his size (10) and could not find a single pair after looking for 2 hours. Do not bother...

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,720 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Premium Outlet Phuket - Shopping ... anyone been?

We went to the Premium Outlet last friday. It is located on the by-pass road about 5 minutes from Tesco Lotus. Not all the units are let yet but contrary to the previous poster we found many designer brands which are perhaps more familiar to Eoropean and American tourists an Asian, As well as the sports brands like Adidas, Nike, there are menswear and ladieswear brands like Santa Barbara Polo Club and Alain Delon and various other famous names with prices (Thai prices) discounted by upto 70%. Some of these brands are not available in the UK except at full price in hoigh streets and shopping malls so there were bargains on offer depending whay you are looking for. Don't expect though prices to compare with designer fakes as you still pay more for the real thing!

Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Premium Outlet Phuket - Shopping ... anyone been?

We visited the Premium Outlet early January. My husband bought jeans, me a couple of dressy tops plus i bought two cocktail dresses for our girls.

The Roxy shop prices were half the price as Sydney plus there was a 70 per cent discount in all the shops when we visited.

The Thai products shop sold a lot of silverware,the only shop i though was pricey was the oil & soap shop. I got the Lemongrass Aromatic Room Spray

from the little supermarket across from Amorns Tailors in Kata for 180Baht.

They wanted over 300 baht.

We would definately go back, we weren't hassled to buy anything in any of the shops & they did have a lot of stock in all sizes. CJ

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Premium Outlet Phuket - Shopping ... anyone been?

We went here January - if you are lucky you can pick up some good deals on designer stuff. Not sure if they are all genuine items but quality seemed good.

Patong
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Premium Outlet Phuket - Shopping ... anyone been?

I hit the Premium Outlet Mall every month or two. There aren't many shoppers around, but the stuff on offer is pretty diverse, and very reasonably priced.

(No, there aren't any fakes at the POM. It's actually a chain - there are many POMs - and the management retains very close ties with the suppliers. A shop selling fakes would be shut down in no time.)

selangor
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Premium Outlet Phuket - Shopping ... anyone been?

I bought two pairs of jeans at the Levi's outlet at POM. Got them at a bargain. Was so happy until I found out they were not original. Now really pissed off. One of the tell tale signs was the label at the back; printed Levi's 510 and not 501. Also when I checked on the Levi's website, Levi 510 is the code for super skinny jeans and the one I bought was definitely not super skinny.

What I want to know now is how can I lodged a complaint on the Levi's outlet at POM and get a refund? Also, would like to warn all shoppers who intend to visit POM to be cautious on their purchases especially if they are looking to buy original stuff.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,986 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Premium Outlet Phuket - Shopping ... anyone been?

Thumb67, just curious...do you think your Levi's are genuine Levis but factory mislabelled? (therefore the discount and availability at the Factory Outlet?)

Or are they really fake, with different sewing technique, fake buttons, low quality fabric..etc?

Get answers to your questions about Patong