We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tailor

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
tailor

I've read a few reviews on here lately about tailors in Patong - not all terribly flattering. Thought I'd better add a positive report about a tailor we used in January. We used Guiliano's on the corner of the beach Rd and Thanon Sawatdirak. The service was fantastic (particularly Sonny). We had men's and women's suits, shirts, dresses, etc made. The price was more than we paid in Vietnam but I think the quality was better. The process took a few days with several fittings (unlike the 24 hours in Hoi An).

We'll be going back there in January, 2011.

Kellie

Perth
Level Contributor
578 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tailor

Thats great to hear Kellie will check this tailor out on our return in August,thanks for that.

Perth
Level Contributor
184 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tailor

I'll add my bit too. Have just had two suits made a Manfique(off Beach Rd in one of the little sois near The Orchids Restaurant) and workmanship was great. I have used them before. I know their has been some sus advertising on this forum recently for them which put me off a bit but they do a great job. Also had work skirts and trousers (ladies) made at Euro Tailor in Soi Post Office. They are great for stuff like that and cheaper than Magnifique. They are up towards the end on the right hand side.

gold coast australia
Level Contributor
408 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tailor

Hi Kellie

just about guilianos I am needing some ties made for my sons wedding and maybe a dress for me I have emailed Picasso tailor no reply we are there on 2nd may could you give me directions of where they are near? or do you have an email? staying at the HInn

thanks

fordy

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tailor

Hi

The shop is right on a corner on Beach Rd -opposite a corner where there are a lot of motor bikes and a public toilet. There are mannequins in the window and I think the sign is in red and black. The street crossing Beach Rd goes down to the beach and there are lots of restaurants.

It stands out so is pretty easy to find. The guys we were with had suits made for $300 which included 2 shirts and 6 ties. My suit included pants, jacket, skirt and 2 shirts for $300. The jacket has pleats in the back and is stunning! They do several fittings to make sure it fits perfectly.

Good luck.

kellie

Melbourne
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: tailor

I am in Patong at the moment and my husband and I both had a number of suits, pants and shirts made at In Style and they were fantastic. I found them through this forum 'recommended tailors' and chose them because orf their repeat customers.

They are more expensive than the spruikers on the street but the quality and number of fittings explain this. However, if we were to have just one suit made in Melbourne we would be looking at a hell of a lot more $$$. We are both very happy with the service we got there from Raul and Manlit. Nothing was ever too much trouble and they were not satisfied until the garment fit perfectly. They are located just near the Banthai hotel down a little soi which looks like market stalls from the street (the ladies outside the shop are lovely). There is a big sign outside of the soi on the beach rd. They also have a website so you can check them out there too.

AJ

gold coast australia
Level Contributor
408 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tailor

thanks guys will check them both out I would like to email to see if they will make the ties for me with my own fabric to match the bridesmaids dresses so I will try and find In Style's web site

thanks again

fordy

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: tailor

Last month I was in Rawai, first I was worry that I have to go to Kata karon Patong for suits but I found some tailors in Rawai just opposite of Phuket sea shell museum near entrance to Evason resort. First I check price with one shop at right side of the street and did ordered at the shop left side of the street. After 2-3 fittings the suits fit well and we are happy with their service and fabric quality. We highly recommend this shop to Rawai visitors, they have website www.ThailandTailorOnline.com and their price online is just as low as in Thailand.

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
69 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tailor

We recently used InStyle and they were great.

Kamala, Thailand
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tailor

It's good to hear positive comments about the Patong tailors for a change.

As a resident here I suggest viewers use tailors whose worked has been recommended by others.

So many rash generalizations are made about the "bad" things in Patong.

New Zeland
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tailor

Hi

Is it better to bring something with you that you want made? I have a dress and a couple of tops that I would like to have made up, or do they have a really wide variety? I don't really want a suit, just some good tailored black pants, and replicas of my favourite dress and top.

Cheers

Get answers to your questions about Patong