We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days to go a few questions

mildura
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
5 days to go a few questions

This is our second trip in six month taking 6 friends with us that are all first timers. On Getaway(TV show) the other week people were getting their feet cleaned by small fish like things what is this and were do you find it in patong. Also the elephant treking that also has white water rafting which company offers this tour. Thank you for the information on trip advisor it make it so more exciting reading everyones questions and stories.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days to go a few questions

A fish spa is easily found at Jungceylon. At the Phuket-Sino avenue and at he basement("That's Siam" zone). 15 minutes for 99 Baht. On the beach road can be more expensive

For rafting, imo, Khao Sok is the best place to do. Check this link out

www.phukettrekkingclub.com/activities.htm

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
708 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days to go a few questions

The fish spas are everywhere now, few on Beach Rd as well.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days to go a few questions

There is a Fish Spa in Patong at Jungceylon and another on the beach road about 200 metres north of Bang La Road and i am sure i have seen a couple of others around but can't remember where.

As far as elephant and white water rafting goes just Google elephant trekking and white water rafting in Phuket and you will find many different hits but i have no idea what they are like.

Cheers, Pete.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
283 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days to go a few questions

I did the fish thing last week on the beach road and whilst it was a laugh and a novelty I probably wouldn't do it again!!

If you can get it 99 baht then it's worth the laugh but I got done for 250!! Sucker........I Know!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
657 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 days to go a few questions

The fish spa..... I had my fun just watching people squirm and squeal. The funniest was in Junceleyon - down in the back of the basement where there are lots of massage places (in aircon!). so I am sitting there with other people, blissfully enjoying my 60 minute foot massage when a lady was at the fish spa and I swear it was so funny. she was kinda freaking out and trying hard not to, but really she was freaking out LOL. and I could see people walking around the shopping centre and look over and they all just burst out laughing so hard - the whole place was shaking in laughter - she was too funny.

Elephant trekking - there are lots of places, one up on the windy hill as you go up to see the big buddha. I did not go because I don't want to encourage any chance of me contributing to the mistreatment of any sort of those beautiful elephants.

Have a lovely time. PS its SO hot there right now. Stay cool and hydrated :)

Edited: 12 April 2010, 11:03
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 days to go a few questions

I did the fish spa with my 11 year old son and my 9 year old daughter a few weeks ago. We found the 99 baht for 15 minutes at Jungceylon, and it was worth it mainly for the photo shoot and something for the kids to talk about when they got home. I certainly wouldn't pay anymore for it.

I don't believe the fish actually benefited my feet or legs in anyway, but then what do you expect for 15 minutes....and they are only little fish, I think they were very full!!

It was fun and worth the few $$ for my kids to have the story to tell.

Edited: 12 April 2010, 11:25
7. Re: 5 days to go a few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2010, 07:21
Get answers to your questions about Patong