We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spray tan massage

Queensland
7 posts
Save Topic
Spray tan massage

Does anyone know the best pace around Patong for getting a good spray tan and also relexation massage.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spray tan massage

I have not seen spray tans in Phuket, go out in the sun and get a natural tan, but be careful not to burn, the sun is hotter than it seems especially when overcast, it doesn't take long to get a nice glow. The thai people do everything they can to have white skin, the opposite of us westerners. I would get one b4 you leave home, but with the humidity and swimming it won't last long. Cheers, Sue

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spray tan massage

Has anyone been able to find a spray tan place in Phuket??? Really need one when i get there.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,838 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spray tan massage

As previous poster advised, have one before you leave home. There will only be a few hours for it to wear off. :-)

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spray tan massage

There is no demand for such places. Thais like to have pale skin whenever possible (see all the skin whitening products on sale), and most foreign visitors will tan on the beach.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,838 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spray tan massage

It might be a nice "start-up" business! Not much competition. Have a spray tan while the fish nibble your feet. LOL

Edited: 17 September 2010, 13:42
Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spray tan massage

I know a foreigner who wanted to do this but couldn't find a Thai partner (and I was offered it among others!).

Qld
Level Contributor
252 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spray tan massage

Had the most divine of massages with "Sweet Lemongrass", our driver Panya put us on to her shop. Far better than what we found on the streets. Also has a range of different massages like aromatherapy and a 90 min for only 500 baht which is not much !!!! You can even get a 2 lady massage with yes, 2 therapists working on you at once for only 800baht for an hour !!!! We can not wait !!!!! Spray tans - never saw them at all. Take a bottle with you and go back to the old way of applying.

newcastle
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Spray tan massage

I always get a spray tan just before I go over.

Another alternative is to buy moisturiser with fake tan in it. It's good if you're not used to doing the full fake tan yourself. It takes longer to build up to a tanned look but you have more control over the final colour you end up - less chance of being orange!

Nic

Bangkok
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Spray tan massage

"I know a foreigner who wanted to do this but couldn't find a Thai partner (and I was offered it among others!)."

... hey Dragonc, hi there I'm looking to do the same thing, here in BKK there's nothing and I'm sure plenty foreigners/tourists looking for a quick tan - would be a nice little earner I'm sure.

Any idea why the foreigner couldn't find a Thai partner?

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spray tan massage

^most of the thai population shuns tan/dark skin - I would assume that would have a lot to do with it. Now if you open a whitening salon that would do out of your mind business.

Get answers to your questions about Patong