We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Patong

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Patong

Hi

Going to Phuket in August 2010 with husband and teenage daughter. Can't seem to book 3 adults in any of their rooms over the internet. Does anyone know if you can have a foldaway bed plus cost in this hotel and how to book for 3 in the Busakorn Wing?

thanks

Sydney
Level Contributor
265 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Patong

hi

The Busakorn rooms don't accomodate an extra bed - you can have a child if the sleep on the lounge which isn't huge and they don't allow a roll away. If you look at the Main wing you can book a superior as that has 2 double beds ?

Holiday Inn site -

Busakorn Wing Rooms:

- Busakorn Studio, can accommodate 2 adults and 1 child, beddings arrangement : One king size bed 210 x 240 cm and one sofa-bed size of 90 x 180 cm., no extra bed allowed OR Two single beds 210 X 125 cm and one sofa-bed size of 90 X 180 cm., no extra bed allowed

- Busakorn Villa, Pool View or Pool Access, can accommodate 2 persons, king size bed of 210 x 240 cm. Families with children would need to book two Villa rooms no extra bed allowed

- Kidsclubs, Club 12 and all children activities take place in the Main Wing area, which is catering better for families and children

Sydney
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Patong

Hi Wenjj,

We are staying there in July (2 adults & 2 kids under 5) and are staying in a room in the main wing with two double beds BUT I rang the hotel as I am going back in November with my mother and grandmother and we are not permitted to have 3 adults in this same room! The reservation lady said to me absolutely not, so I have been searching for another hotel and we are now staying at Phuket Graceland in Nov. Such a shame really because the Graceland will allow us to stay in a room with the exact same configerations and I was more than happy to pay extra for another adult at Holiday Inn but not sure why it is just not allowed. Oh well, at least I get to experience both hotels :)

Not sure the age though they classify 'adult' and whether your teenager would fit into that category.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Patong

Hi,

Thanks for that info, I guess I will need to book 2 rooms.

Cheers

Sydney
Level Contributor
265 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Patong

Hi

My understanding from staying there many tme is it's not so much age of the third person as it is size - if they can fit on the lounge its ok - they don't do rollaways in the Busakorn due to room size.

nsw
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Patong

hi we arived back from 2 weeks at H.I.late may we had booked a sup room (we have 2 kids 8 + 10) but upgraded to a deluxe seaview room after we arrived .These rooms were massive 2 queen beds + a sofa. A family that travelled with us had a 16 yo in a sup room. with no problems.hope this may help!

Whittingham nsw...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Patong

Hi Wenjj.

We are also going to Phuket 18 August with teenage daughter (14yrs) and finding it difficult to book a room for 3 people via internet.

May I ask ...have you stayed at Holiday Inn before?and are you staying for the Teen Kids Club?

Cheers

JP

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn Patong

Hi, we stayed in the Busakorn wing nearly 2 years ago, with our 12 year old son. The sofa is only 10cm short of a standard single bed and despite being tall for his age, he had no problems. There was also a couple with a 14 year old boy in the same room as his parents. You cant book for more than 2 adults on the internet, so i just booked for 2 and rang them to tell them our son will be with us.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
584 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn Patong

We just checked out of the Holiday Inn today.. loved it! :-)

A few Aussie couples we met up with with 2 adults and 2 kids stayed in the main wing with 2 double beds and loved the room but got upgraded to the Busakorn Wing with interconnecting rooms because of the 'ferals' playing cricket in the hallway at 2am!

I didnt think HI did interconnecting rooms.. but they do and Id prefer to book them next time.

We stayed in a kids suite, it was great but still quite small

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn Patong

thanks for the info

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Inn Patong

Just got back from Phuket ,we have stayed in Hoilday Inn in 2008 just before they done renovations to the motel , but this time we stay at the Horizon Resort which is next door to holiday Inn, I think Hoilday Inn is to expensive now , if you walk next door the horizon has 2 pools great breakfast less then half price of hoilday Inn, we walk in and wanted to book 4 rooms but they would not budge thats when we went next door,I would go back to the horizon resort all the time .