We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VAustralia - Reviewing Phuket as Destination

kiwigirl007
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
VAustralia - Reviewing Phuket as Destination

Hi there, I have read that VAustralia are looking to cut their flights to Phuket - review completes end of June. Anyone have an update?

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
australia
Level Contributor
340 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VAustralia - Reviewing Phuket as Destination

I heard about this, Im surprised as we leave in 2weeks & both flights for that week are full. Obviously this isn't usual.

Victoria
Level Contributor
268 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VAustralia - Reviewing Phuket as Destination

We have flights booked to phuket in august, guess id better get insurance asap

where did you hear about this plz keep us updated

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VAustralia - Reviewing Phuket as Destination

Recent articles

phuketwan.com/tourism/…

heraldsun.com.au/business/virgin-eye-busines…

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
69 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VAustralia - Reviewing Phuket as Destination

We were going to book Virgin for October but after this news we didn't have the nerve to book them. Instead we have booked Malaysian Airlines which has a sale on at the moment so the price was only a little higher. Although not direct flights.

australia
Level Contributor
340 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VAustralia - Reviewing Phuket as Destination

If V are currently selling flights for a time in the future, you will be safe enough to book.

If they cancel the flights, which any airline can/do & will, you will get a refund anyway or alternate flight, on a different day Im sure but an alternate.

I wouldn't be worried about it, it happens all the time.Ive worked for the airlines for years.

Perth
Level Contributor
328 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VAustralia - Reviewing Phuket as Destination

I really hope Virgin doesn't axe the flights between Perth and Phuket. They are the only airline which flies direct and it would certainly put some people off Phuket as a holiday destination. When deciding on a holiday destination, those with direct flights certainly top my list!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
perth
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: VAustralia - Reviewing Phuket as Destination

I sure hope this doesnt become a problem as there are 11 of us booked for October with V or Pacific Blue as they are called when they fly that route !

I really dont want an alternative airline as we paid extra to fly with Pacific as we wanted the convenience of a direct flight !

Would appreciate any updates

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VAustralia - Reviewing Phuket as Destination

We're booked for 16 days time and coming back on July 10. We'll probably be o.k but there will be others who have already booked and paid that will have to reorganise their whole holiday if this happens. It's a shame really, direct flights are quicker and much less hassle and the direct flight out of Melbourne is a beauty departing at 1100 and landing in HKT at 4.00 p.m. local time that has you checked in at the hotel and knocking off a beer by about 5.30 - 6.00 p.m.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Intl Airport
Phuket Intl Airport
Phuket, Thailand
Melbourne
Level Contributor
87 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VAustralia - Reviewing Phuket as Destination

We booked and paid in April for Sept 2010. I would hope they'd honor those flights, imagine the amount of people that would be inconvenienced. If we had to book on another airline, I would be asking VAustralia to make up any difference between fare prices and doing the bookings for us!

I would be extremely irate if our flight was cancelled as we too specifically booked because of the direct flights - Melb to Phuket and booked Premium Economy for the return flight.

I've emailed VAust to ask them to explain this situation. Hope to get a reply??

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Victoria
Level Contributor
268 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VAustralia - Reviewing Phuket as Destination

I went to travel agent today as we have paid to go in august travel agent said she new nothing about V Australia.

Monica thanks for posting the article on it.

Get answers to your questions about Patong