We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are bathers easy to buy in phuket?

Kadina, Australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
are bathers easy to buy in phuket?

hi i plan to live out of bathers and boardshorts for our upcoming holiday, i have a few pairs to take with me but i was wondering if i will be able to buy more in phuket? are they readily available? ive read so much about buying clothing but not no much on bathers and rashie shirts

cheers everyone

western australia
Level Contributor
290 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: are bathers easy to buy in phuket?

Hi,

I have never seen rashies for sale over there, but maybe in the sports store at Jungceylon they might have them. There are loads of bikinis in all the stalls, but they are a little"skimpy"!! Just depends what you are after,

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: are bathers easy to buy in phuket?

Hi Marley,

My mum was in Phuket a couple of years ago and bought me a couple of pairs of bikinis - billabong, etc. They are ok quality, but are not new season bikinis - probably a couple of years style difference between what we have in the surf shops here and what you will find there.

I'm planning on living in them too! But I have a fab bikini designer here on the coast who I just love so i'll be wearing them :) But my boyf will definately be buying boardies over there, so cheap and pretty good quality - my dad's had a couple of pairs he got there for about 3 years.

Stelle

australia
Level Contributor
253 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: are bathers easy to buy in phuket?

The bathers in the markets are cheap bikinis. Ok for a holiday. If you want good quality there are a few sports stores/ department stores or there is a really nice but not cheap bathers store in Jungceylon. Rashies you can get in the sports stores or I even saw some in the ocean plaza on Bangla Rd. There's also the surf shops (rip curl, billabong, roxy etc) at the retail outlet on the way into Patong from the airport (can't remember the name but you can't miss it).

australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: are bathers easy to buy in phuket?

Hi,

There is a department store in Jungceylon, and they have got alot of bathers and rash vest, so you can get them there.

Kadina, Australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: are bathers easy to buy in phuket?

awsum thanks guys, i dont mind if they are cheap as i just wanna wear them during holiday and we surf alot so i tend to go through them pretty quick anyway lol, plus i just wanna wear them under my clothes all the time. i will bring a rashie and a few pairs of bathers and boardies from home just in case but by the sounds of it i will be able to stock up which would be great

thanks for all of your help :-)

Phuket
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: are bathers easy to buy in phuket?

Huge sports store in Jungceylong in Patong or the Central Festival mall outside Phuket Town or plenty of cheap shorts for sale in street stalls. Rashies - yes, can buy for sure. Have them at my shop for a starter!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: are bathers easy to buy in phuket?

Be warned - the cheaper ones are definitely on the skimpy side. I didn't buy any. I am a size 10-12 and dont have a 'super bikini body' and couldn't find anything I liked (or felt comfortable in. Department stores (Jungceylon) have a better range, but the price difference between them and Aus is not hugely different.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: are bathers easy to buy in phuket?

If you stay in Kata next to the Boathouse is a small botqique with cute bikinis..good brands and not the same cheap ones in all the other little stores.

Kadina, Australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: are bathers easy to buy in phuket?

kata noi

i am staying in kata, (i didnt mean to post this on the patong forum that was a mistake) thats great

im a size 12 sometimes 14 depeding on brand so i always wear a singlet or rashie over my bathers anyway lol but yeah i probly wont buy the overy skimpy ones

Phuket
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: are bathers easy to buy in phuket?

Surely, given that you are planning a beach holiday and are unsure where to buy beachwear here, and unsure if you'll be able to find suitable sizes or styles.. why not buy before you leave??

Get answers to your questions about Patong