We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Banthai pool/s heated?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Banthai pool/s heated?

Me again, just wanted to know if anyone has stayed att he Banthai. Are their pools heated? Doesn't state on their website.

cairns
Level Contributor
519 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Banthai pool/s heated?

Hi

Why would you want the pools heated, you are going to the tropics where mother nature heats everything

mosiewigs

Edited: 16 October 2010, 12:54
Patong
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Banthai pool/s heated?

I don't think I've ever been in a heated pool in Phuket.

Most Thais have never seen a room heater. As an old Colorado boy, I have to figure they're triply blessed.

I've been in a couple of heated rooms, though, here in Phuket. They're used for various kinds of "hot" yoga, around the island.

London, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Banthai pool/s heated?

No the Banthai pools are not heated. They are heated by the sun only.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Banthai pool/s heated?

Thankyou for your help. I've never liked completely cold pools, even in extremely hot weather. Find the contrast a little uncomfortable to adapt to. Whenever we've stayed in Bali, I've found their pools are always a little heated, as is our own. Maybe I'm strange, but that's the way I like ut ;-)

Queensland...
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Banthai pool/s heated?

I think you will have found the pools in Bali were heated by the sun, no need to heat them . Coming from adelaide Phuket pools will be very warm.

Hervey

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the Banthai pool/s heated?

I agree with you Danielle, l too like a heated pool. We stayed at the metadee in Kata and it had a heated pool, at times if the sun was out it may have been a little too warm but on the other hand if it was cloudy it could be on the cooler side. For your sake l hope the sun heats the pool enough.

australia
Level Contributor
255 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the Banthai pool/s heated?

I've stayed at the Banthai twice and the first time was in December and the pool was so cold, the girls in our group wouldn't get in. The second time was March and we stayed in a different wing and the pool was lovely (warmer). So it may depend on which wing you get as there are three (each with own pool) and they get differing amounts of sun due to shadows from the buildings.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the Banthai pool/s heated?

I'd just like to clarify something as the above comment may get misinterpreted - just because you are staying in a certain wing of the Banthai doesn't mean you can only use the pool that your wing surrounds, you are free to use any of the three pools. Obviously the main factor is convinience - how close your room is to each pool.

Stelle

darwin
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is the Banthai pool/s heated?

heat at the banthai pool not the problem right now.passed hotel while going through bangla last month and the banthai looked a shambles.lots of buildings demolished and the front entrance is blocked with small stalls.hope we are talking about the same hotel

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is the Banthai pool/s heated?

Hmm...doesn't sound like the same hotel...if you were 'going through' Bangla, you wouldn't have passed it as it is on beach road near Molly Malones. There is a small road with a gate that leads into the resort itself, with a bar on either side and a chemist, pizza place, day spa, hairdresser, tailor... The resort itself is set back from the road, I doubt if you could see much of it without going in?

Stelle

Get answers to your questions about Patong