We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn vs Gracelands

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn vs Gracelands

Hi everyone we're looking at either of these for our trip in September school holidays next year. There will be 2 families travelling - both consisting of 2adults and 2 teenagers (13-16) and maybe for about 10 days or so. Our family has been once before in January this year and stayed at Centara Karon which we enjoyed, I am a little hesitant about Patong but the other family wish to stay there so we will go with the flow.

Now I need advice to pros and cons of both properties. I've just read some reviews and Holiday Inn gets mainly great reviews whereas Graceland reviews isn't so good!

We would be wanting nice pools, rooms that consist of single beds for the kids (not to share doubles as they fight if they have to share). Or maybe there are other properties we haven't thought of.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. I know we have some time to decided but I want to start planning now as time flies when you're having fun!

Cheers....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn vs Gracelands

I have never stayed at Gracelands and never would - it is not as well located and is just not as attractive!

I do know a few people who have stayed at Gracelenads who say it is Ok - but nothing great.

We love the Holiday Inn, we stay in the Busakron Wing, the grounds are stunning, the pool is awesome, massive with a bar. breaky is great, loads to choose from and fresh.

You have beach across the road on one end (Main Wing) and the OTOP Markets acorss the road at the other (Busakorn Wing). You are also a good distance from Bangla Rd, close enough to easily walk but also removed from it if you choose to not want to visit.

There still heaos of restuarants to choose from and plent of shopping.

In my book the Holiday Inn is a wonderful resorort and you can't go wrong.

But I am sure there are others who will love Gracelands, its a personnal thing.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn vs Gracelands

hi there, haven't stayed at either but from friends/family reviews (and trip advisor) i def would be choosing holiday inn....the only issue i would have was when i was there we walked in without a issue and pretty much could have sat at the pool and lounged around and not been questioned...i was a bit worried about that...also a few friends also said outsiders used to use the pool chairs etc....but if the choice was mine...id risk sitting next to an outsider :)

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn vs Gracelands

Go Holiday Inn great location especially when you have teenagers and has the wow factor compared to Gracelands. Also look at Patong Merlin it is very popular with families and also the Mercure.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn vs Gracelands

Well I am currently at Gracelands.. and even tho I havent stayed at Holiday Inn it would get my vote... !

We have stayed at a few different resorts in Patong.. and one twice.. but I must say I wont be coming back to Gracelands.. not a huge fan..

Cheers

Chelle

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn vs Gracelands

hi

we have stayed at Graceland with 2 of our adult kids and their partners + one of their friends, we all had a good time there and enjoyed it, but we were upgraded to a beach front suite, so it was really nice, all the rooms have a queen plus a single bed (so wouldn't suit you) it is a 15 min walk into main part of town and has nice pools but not as nice and big as HI

for your requirements i would choose HI, try and get the Busakorn wing, the pool is fantastic there, and its really close to everything without needing tuk tuks. In the main wing they do some good family rooms and the seaview deluxe rooms are really nice

other resorts good for families: Patong Merlin, Daungjitt Resort, Mecure, Baumanburi, Club Andaman

nothing like planning early :-))

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn vs Gracelands

Hi , Just got back last week from the holiday inn,we stayed in the Busakorn wing and let me tell you it was superb!!! The pools are amazing and the Otop markets are just across the road and the bangala road area is far enough away not to worry you!! The dining options are excellent with 3 decent places ,thai,italian and steak,all were excellent.We went to an all you can eat night at the italian for $15 each. But the food at the thai resturant were top class. I would recommend the holiday inn it was first class and i would stay there again . Good luck alan

hunter valley nsw
Level Contributor
273 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn vs Gracelands

Holiday inn is overated IMO the Buffet is horrible & a rip off

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn vs Gracelands

Patong Merlin is a good option (they also do some rooms with 3 single beds) and do connecting rooms, having stayed at Merlin resorts 4 times we have always found their service and accommodation to be fantastic at all 3 resorts www.merlinphuket.com

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
588 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn vs Gracelands

I’m another Holiday Inn lover! We spent a week their and loved it!

The breakfast was amazing & the rooms are clean and modern. Oh and the beds are to die for…

We stayed in the main wing in a Family Room – but we used the Busakorn wing pool quite often as it was quiet!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Inn vs Gracelands

Another vote for Holiday Inn, I loved it. The location is fantastic. The pool awesome etc etc.

Great choice.