We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a taxi driver for a day

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a taxi driver for a day

Hi,

I am thinking of hiring a taxi driver for a day to bring us around Phuket. I will be staying at Marriott Mao Khao Resort.

How much does it cost to hire a taxi driver for a day?

May I know what are the places of interest in Phuket? All I read is Patong and Maya Beach. I must be missing something.

Thanks.

Jeris Bay
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a taxi driver for a day

Hi I hired Daj , He was fabulous it cost us $2000 baht for the day 9am till about 6, 630pm we went everywhere all the sights he has a new airconditioned van , he happily stopped at various beaches for us to swim he also took us to an amazing waterfront resturaunt for a wonderful lunch, I highly recomend him and will happily pass on his details if you need them

Kizz

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,817 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a taxi driver for a day

Daj is highly recommended on TA and so is Manop, there are a list of drivers on the right hand side in FAQ'S...finding a tour guide, their details and that of other drivers are on there

There's a lot more to Phuket than Patong for sure.. for ideas of where to go include: Kata viewpoint, Phromthep Cape great views and Elephant temple, Rawai, Wat Chalong temples, Big Buddah (not to be missed) Phuket town and Rang Hill, Gibbon Rehab and Bang Pae waterfalls just to name a few places all can be done on a day

night markets in Phuket town on the weekend are good too

if you have time do a sail tour go with Captain Mark of Phuket Sail tours www.phuketsailtours.com it's a fantastic day out and the scenery around Phang Nga is amazing, be sure to book via their website and in advance, it's a very popular tour and gets booked very quickly and only take small numbers of people, highly recommended, seperate day to your island sightseeing tour of course

don't worry about a visit to the zoo, it's more of a concrete jungle

have fun in Phuket there's lots to see and do :-)

Edited: 19 December 2010, 00:00
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a taxi driver for a day

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will look into all of them.

Thanks!

Sunshine Coast Qld.
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a taxi driver for a day

Thought I'd mention our favourite tour, John Grays "Hongs by Star Light " tour, we have done it twice now.

Its certainly our Phuket highlight.

Its, well "same same but different" to Phuket Sail Tours with Capt Mark, but explores the Hongs of Phang Nga Bay a bit deeper and via canoe and at night.

Great for all ages. Very educational, very relaxing, very surreal, great food too.

http://www.johngray-seacanoe.com/index.htm

Patong, Thailand
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiring a taxi driver for a day

Wat Chalong, Phromthep Cape and Big Buddha is worth a visit......

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiring a taxi driver for a day

Hello mousehunt one more guy Mr yomai was friendly man (yamai2900@hotmail.cm)Chere

7. Re: Hiring a taxi driver for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 December 2010, 14:35
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hiring a taxi driver for a day

hiya

can you pass on his details, what places does he take you too round the island, was it an intersting day.

debie - thanks

9. Re: Hiring a taxi driver for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2011, 05:21