We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is better?

Singapore
Level Contributor
150 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which is better?

I have 2 quotations from Panya & Au -Driver hiring. 1 charging 1600thb for 8 hours & the latter charge 1500thb for 10 hours. I could not decide which one to use. Mr. Panya as usual is famous & highly recommended but Mr. Au's reviews are not too bad and the rate is consider very attractive! Fatasea is not cheaper than what I read about from Tripadvisors' reviews either. 2250thb per pax that covers everything from show, buffet, VIP & transfer. Phang Nga Bay 1300thb by big boat.So should I go ahead and book with the driver or wait till I reach there then book from street vendors.Moreover I worry if happened to be bad weather on that day then I have to cancel the sail trip; I won't get refund.

Mentioned in this post
Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay
1,573 Reviews
Ao Phang Nga National Park, Thailand
Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is better?

Fantasea is correct in that price, buffet, gold seat show and transfer. Boat trip can be book in Phuket for sure if you are worry about the weather.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket FantaSea
Phuket FantaSea
7,060 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Singapore
Level Contributor
150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is better?

Thank you for your info. I was still wondering can I get cheaper than that?

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
463 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is better?

Don't worry about having the buffet at Fantasea. It is very crappy. Eat before you go and save 400 Baht. The show is great!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket FantaSea
Phuket FantaSea
7,060 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
508 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is better?

Hello We use me panya in july last year and have booked him again for april this year. We booked him for one day via email and tentative for another as we were like you thinking that we may get cheaper when we get there, but we were so happy with panya we just booked him again, so that is why i have booked him for 4 days in advance for april this year. Fantasea seen to be a standard price, but we did get 10% discount from the motel we stayed at for the show only, and as we were staying in kamala we ate there then got tuk tuk to show so didnt worry about teas as others had said it was average.

Cheers Andrew

Mentioned in this post
Phuket FantaSea
Phuket FantaSea
7,060 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
5. Re: Which is better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Patong