We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which in Patong is better? Coconut Village/ patong merlin?

Brisbane, Australia
12 posts
Save Topic
Which in Patong is better? Coconut Village/ patong merlin?

Hi,I am staying in Patong, Phuket for 12 days in February. I was wondereing if anyone could comment on one or both of these hotels. Coconut Village Hotel and Patong Merlin. I understand Patong Merlin is higher star rating but reading reviews on Trip Advisor they seem to be very similar in quality.

Any help would be great. Thanks

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which in Patong is better? Coconut Village/ patong merlin?

stayed at cocnut village on our very 1st trip to Phuket 5 years ago

4 trips since & we stayed at patong merlin every time, CV seems more run down & they have spent a lot of money renovating PMerlin, also location is heaps better

ive been to both & Patong Merlin by miles, going back in 3 weeks

cant wait

Brisbane, Australia
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which in Patong is better? Coconut Village/ patong merlin?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes PM looks fantastic. Just have read a few negative things about standard room.

Can you confirm anthing about standard rooms? Are they nice/clean and comfy?

Last but not least, are they worth the extra money?

Thanks

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which in Patong is better? Coconut Village/ patong merlin?

Yes, Most of the standard rooms have been refurbished, having said that we have stayed there 5 times and im very well travelled, & i would have no hesitation in staying in a standard room, keep in mind though the most time you will spend in your room is to sleep, all the rooms are motel style so you vcant really lounge in them, thats to do by the pool...lol

Patong Merlin is a great place to stay you wont be disapointed, if you get a room in the new wing thats a bonus if not u will still enjoy it

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which in Patong is better? Coconut Village/ patong merlin?

PS yes the rooms are very clean serviced everyday that includes new linen on the beds daily, bathroom etc cleaned daily, no issues there

5. Re: Which in Patong is better? Coconut Village/ patong merlin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2011, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Patong
Recent Conversations