We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

patong mexican restaurant

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
patong mexican restaurant

I know we should eat local food whilst in Patong for 1 week, but I feel the need for some Mexican on 1 night!!

Went to a place off Rat u Thit (towards Beach rd) but was wanting to find something a bit better.

Any suggestions??

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: patong mexican restaurant

There is one on the beach road, going from direction of Horizon Patong, keep walking towards Bangla Road. I think it is called Coyote Bar or something similar, has restaurant area upstairs with great street views. Avoid the "Fire House chilli" my husband suffered for two days after his, mouth was numb after a few mouthfulls. Enjoy, Karen

western australia
Level Contributor
290 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: patong mexican restaurant

But they do make the best mango margaritas!

Cheers

Craigavon, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: patong mexican restaurant

We went to the Coyote Mexican Restaurant & also the BBQ Hut Restaurant for Mexican food (Rat-u-Thit Rd), close to the Hard Rock Cafe.

We prefered the BBQ Hut as we thought the food was tastier & a lot cheaper but Coyote does have a nicer setting ie 2 storey bar & restaurant with a large outdoor deck overlooking Patong Bay.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: patong mexican restaurant

Check out the restaurant reviews- from memory I think one was recently posted on a mexican restaurant or food.

Hope this helps

Edited: 04 March 2011, 03:11
Sydney
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: patong mexican restaurant

I got a craving for Mexican style in Patong and went to Coyotes and was disappointed. Fajitas meat was tough like leather and the nachos was overloaded with chillies. Didn't like the place. I plan to check out the BBQ Hut on my next trip. Is it the one with the "sombrero" out the front?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: patong mexican restaurant

If you really must eat Mexican, there are restaurants but don't expect them to be anything special.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: patong mexican restaurant

The one we went to in Karon was nice. One or two streets in (running parallel) towards the beach from Centara Karon, in a street full of eateries. I'm not that big a fan of mexican food, but I also had a craving for it. Strange. I wouldn't make a special trip, but from memory we quite liked it.

Edited: 06 March 2011, 11:01
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: patong mexican restaurant

We too ate at Coyotes as my kids who love Thai food, thought it would be 'cool' for a change. Great location but that's about it. It was probably the worst mexican I've ever had and I hardly ate my meal and I rarely do that! We were with a group and most of us felt the same. Stick to Thai food - it's beautiful and cheap!

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: patong mexican restaurant

We had lunch at coyotes a couple of years ago and it was lovely. Had dinner there in Nov and it wasn't very good.

Linda

Craigavon, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: patong mexican restaurant

Hi DannyDecay, its the one with the guy in the sombrero giving the thumbs up!! We went a couple of times & it was good, plentiful & cheap.

Southern end of Rat-U-Thit Rd, across the street from the the Mercure Hotel.

Enjoy

Get answers to your questions about Patong