We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to book accomodation for January 2012?

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Best time to book accomodation for January 2012?

I would like to know when the hotels release their rates for Next year?

Looking at going to Phuket on January 3rd 2012, ive gone to a few online sites but a few ive looked at say rooms not available, does this mean theyre booked out already or not available for booking yet?

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
273 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to book accomodation for January 2012?

Just booked Boomerang Village direct through their website for Jan 2012. Everything I have read says January is very busy so I didn't want to miss out.

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
989 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to book accomodation for January 2012?

Hi Hawk

I had this problem last year. Most of the hotels don`t release their rates for that time until end September/October, can`t understand why they leave it so late!! However, you will still get some available on sites and what I did last year was made a couple of provisional bookings with Booking.com as they have a full no penalty canx policy on most hotels. Later in the year when I saw a better deal on

another site I just cancelled the Booking.com ones without any problems.

Just keep looking week to week as some hotels put on very good offers for a limited period just to get a few early bookings.

Good luck.

Joan

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to book accomodation for January 2012?

I have a recollection that March is the month that hotels set the rates for the next 12 months, so maybe you just caught them in the review period ? Or it could be just the particular hotels you are looking at.

Hoteltravel.com has January rates. Some (like PM) are "on request", so even though the rate is posted, they still have to confirm it with the hotel. Others (like Mercure) are instant confirmation.

Unless they are on special (does happen), hoteltravel.com are rarely the cheapest.

Edited: 06 March 2011, 05:33
4. Re: Best time to book accomodation for January 2012?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Patong