We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is $100 AUD each per day......

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is $100 AUD each per day......

for spending money, unreasonable or unrealistic???

I mean this might sound very boring to some but we are pretty cruisey,laid back fun people who enjoys going for bike rides, a beer or 2 here and there, Cocktails ;-) good food, good music and meeting up with people and having a laugh......I apologise for that all sounding like an Ad' lol :-)

OOOOhhhhh.... how could I forget to mention & a little bit of Shopping ;-).....& did I mention Cocktail mmmmm!

I thought if I gave you an idea on lifestyle it might give you a better idea on answering my question lol

We would have a couple of nights out on the town but we are only there for 4.5 days as its just a first time look/see. We usually get by pretty well on $100 a day in bali, hence the question.

Cheers

Chris :-)

Sam's Steaks and Grill
££££, Steakhouse, European, International
Tandoori Flames
£, Indian, Thai, Asian
Naughty Nuri's Phuket
£, Asian, Grill, Indonesian
Loei, Thailand
Level Contributor
518 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is $100 AUD each per day......

Very reasonable I think..Partying is what can really knock the budget around, but from how you describe yourselves you should have no problem with that.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,964 posts
440 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is $100 AUD each per day......

Sounds right to me as well, we normally budget for the same amount, sometimes it is no where near it and sometimes it is more.

Cathy

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is $100 AUD each per day......

Heaps!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,760 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is $100 AUD each per day......

Hi,

I'm with Cathy.. It really depends on what shopping you do, what you eat and drink..

You can easily get by on AU$100 per day.. and still have some left over.. but.. it's also easy to run well over that.. I think if you didn't go too overboard with the shopping and ate somewhat "local style" you'd be well within your budget..

Travel Safe,

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,438 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is $100 AUD each per day......

We normally budget for similar (or just a bit more depending on the Exchange rate for the £). Some days it's less some days it's more, depends on our shopping and his drinking . . . . . !

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Is $100 AUD each per day......

Thanks everyone, Yeah Bali's the same, some days under some days way over..we always have reserves just incase we have a binge ;-)

7. Re: Is $100 AUD each per day......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 03:17