We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay in Phuket

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indore, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Best place to stay in Phuket

Hi,

we shall be traveling to Phuket for two nights in July. We are a family of four including two teenagers.

Where should we stay? This is our first visit and we would like to do the regular must see sightseeing..

A decent 3 star hotel would do.

Kata beach or Patong beach?

Which hotels?

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay in Phuket

holiday inn good for family

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay in Phuket

hi we will be in phuket for the first time in november for a week i am really fussy about where i stay. we would like a kitchen with a frig and freezer for ice making ,bedroom, on the ocean. any suggestions?

aloha from the islands

sue

Perth
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay in Phuket

Hi

have a look at BYD lofts apartments www.bydlofts.com you will all be plenty surprised at how modern and luxurious the place is. On the web site there it a virtual tour of the rooms which i know you will love. fridge/freezer, full kitchen, large balcony we love staying there we will be staying again in June can't wait. Good luck with finding a suitable place to stay. Alisa

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
176 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay in Phuket

I think Holiday Inn is a bit on expensive side...

any other suggestions?

And Kata vs Patong?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay in Phuket

We prefer Kata but it's up to the individual.

Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to stay in Phuket

Hey, we went last November and loved it! Im not sure about a kitchen, I presume you would need an apartment? One hotel that I would recommend to you is Kata Beach Resort, fabulous hotel and staff and right on the beach! Definitely one of my favourites

Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to stay in Phuket

Hey, we went last November and loved it! Im not sure about a kitchen, I presume you would need an apartment? One hotel that I would recommend to you is Kata Beach Resort, fabulous hotel and staff and right on the beach! Definitely one of my favourites

Brisbane
Level Contributor
69 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to stay in Phuket

Stay in Patong but get something more upmarket. I would check out "Kee Resort" which is new 4 and a half star close to Bangla Rd. Very reasonable. Doubt whether you can get 4 in a room, so have to book two rooms. So that maybe a factor for you. To me Karon and Kata are to far from the action and you will spend a fortune on tuk tuks.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to stay in Phuket

Have a look at Poppa Palace

If only staying for 2 nights, stay ay Patong

Book with hotels2thailand

Deluxe double or twin, should be around $35-$40 night

Nice place, centre of town

Regards

Bob

Indore, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to stay in Phuket

Yeah, either we have to book an apartment or two rooms. And yes, we need to be close to the action.