We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best souvenirs in Patong

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
best souvenirs in Patong

My daughter and I are spending a week in Patpng very soon and I was wondering what items would make good souvenirs. This will be my first visit to Thailand.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best souvenirs in Patong

It depends on what you really want or like....??...I could suggest a 2 meter metal monster made up of engine and motorcycle parts but that might not be your cup of tea....

Or maybe a book mark made in Thailand....!!??...

There are stacks and stacks of souvenir and junky sort of market places all around Patong....

Candles,bracelets,jewellry,buddhas,bits for the home....

I'm sure you will find lots of stuff which you might like....It's all about shopping in Patong....!!

Kiwi Kid, Auckland
Level Contributor
670 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best souvenirs in Patong

I can advise you DO NOT purchase gorgeous looking photo albums with elephants etc on the front. These are made from plant material and NZ & Australian customs will not allow them in. Someone might be able to offer a little more clarification, but it would be upsetting to purchase these and have to dump them at the airport. Happy travels.

Perth
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best souvenirs in Patong

Hi Loopylyn

If you want a good choice of anything souvenir, we go to the Phuthai souvenir markets.

They have an exellent range from keychains,tissue box covers,scarves,jewellery,natural lotions poducts, herbal teas, wooden products, the list goes on.

They have a FREE pick-up service from your hotel or apartment a car or minivan depending on how many of you.

You can phone them when you arrive or email them before you go.

They have set prices which is nice, so no haggling needed.

www.phuthai-phuket-souvenir.com

Outside there is a small fruit/vegi market you can also get freshly blended juices made. Have fun shopping we always come away with a lot of very cheap souvenirs. Alisa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best souvenirs in Patong

We bought one of those photo albums and it was confiscated in Melbourne. The customs guy told us they use elephant dung as a binding agent. Don't know if this is true or not but it sounded feasable and it's not like I could argue with him.

They make nice wind chimes out of bamboo and cocnut shells. We have ours out on the deck and every time we get a breeze it takes me back to Thailand. Corny?...maybe but it's the truth.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: best souvenirs in Patong

Alisa,

Do you know what days or times the Phuthai Market is open? I can't find this info on the website.

Thanks

Mairead

Perth
Level Contributor
151 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best souvenirs in Patong

Hi Mairead

I'm not 100% sure, like most places in Phuket they would be open 7days 11am to possibly 10 or 11 at night. You can always email them to ask about opening times etc, you can also book a pick-up with them online. www.phuthai@naver.com

good luck shopping, it's a nice scenic drive out to the market have a great day. Alisa

sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best souvenirs in Patong

Thanks small-Jo for the advice. Nothing spoils a holiday more than having your precious souvenirs confiscated at the airport.

sydney
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best souvenirs in Patong

Thanks Alisa! The Phuthai Phuket Markets sounds perfect for me.

boswana
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: best souvenirs in Patong

Is the Phuthai Phuket Market near Wat Naka where the weekend markets are held?

melbourne
Level Contributor
557 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best souvenirs in Patong

also try the ground floor of jungceylon all under one roof and air conditioned. you'll still need to bargain but some things are fixed price