We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP broken tooth in Thailand!!!!

perth
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
HELP broken tooth in Thailand!!!!

Please help me I have broken a tooth and we are staying in Patong can anyone recommend where to go I am very nervous about having treatment her thanks

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP broken tooth in Thailand!!!!

I am sure others will come with specifics but I sympasise with you if you are sitting there in pain - there is I believe a Dentist used by many at the Patong Merlin Hotel.

I will have a browse down posts or you can, but don't worry, you will get it sorted this afternoon no worries :)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP broken tooth in Thailand!!!!

Search through this forum as there are plenty about dentists. I had a broken tooth recently but had no worries as I know that treatment is very professional and IMO much better than many western dentists (and cheaper). I had it fixed in Bangkok but the Bangkok Phuket Hospital is likely to have a pretty decent dental clinic.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP broken tooth in Thailand!!!!

This from post by WebsterJohnson :

"There is one dental clinic called Smile Studio situated just opposite Jungceylon Department store"

And here you go for the one at Patong Merlin Hotel:

http://www.dentist-promjai-phuket.com/

Depending which is easiest I would get along there now, without appointment no doubt you will need to wait but you might get lucky if they are not busy

Edited: 15 August 2011, 09:45
noosa australia
Level Contributor
769 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP broken tooth in Thailand!!!!

can recommend smile dentist surgery -I stopped in there when I was there in Oct/Nov and had a filling redone and teeth cleaned/ descaled. Id done some resreach before my trip amd others in TA had recommnended them.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP broken tooth in Thailand!!!!

Sorry to hear about your broken tooth...ouch!

Lucky for you there are two great clinics in Phuket. Here are two clinic I can recommend in Patong:

Promjai Phuket:

http://www.promjaidental.com/

Sea Smile Dental Clinic:

http://www.thaidentalcenter.com/

To compare them side by side:

dentaldepartures.com/dental/…Phuket

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP broken tooth in Thailand!!!!

Well . . . it depends if a "broken tooth" is going to involve a root canal -or not. If it does, then there is a Dr. Sirisak at Bangkok Phuket Hospital who is a true magician in what is otherwise a nasty business.

He has worked on my teeth twice and my wife once. Bless him, he knows how to make it a non-torturous business. I would not trust anyone else but him to work on a root canal. There is a female root canal doctor at Bangkok Phuket Hospital who you should avoid at all costs.

Dr. Sirisak comes down from Bangkok about 3-4 days a week, so you would have to schedule him, but it is well worth the one day wait if you have to wait. He is youngish and has to be one of the best ever - anywhere.

Just my opinion and I HATE dentists - but I love this guy . . .

If you are not talking about a root canal, then almost every dentist in Thailand is great.

7. Re: HELP broken tooth in Thailand!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Patong