We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination Asia

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Topic
Destination Asia

Hello, has anyone travelled with this company? They do airport transfers and day trips. We are looking at doing a day trip to Phi Phi and elephant riding with them etc. Does anyone have any reviews on them and if they are good to use.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Destination Asia

They've been around for a while but from what I can see they are just selling on tours operated by other companies. I'd suggest shopping around for tours after you arrive.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
383 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destination Asia

Hiya, we had our transfer organised through them (well, through the travel agent actually), and although the service provided was fine, we wouldnt book through them again as it was 3 times more expensive than we could have got from a number of other sources. We had someone from the company meet us in the hotel foyer the next day (we didn't know this was going to happen beforehand) and give us a bit of a quick run through of the basic info for the island (maps, geography, major tourist attractions, timeshare touts etc). We pretty much knew everything already anyway. He then showed us a list of tours and activities you could organise through them, which we weren't interested in doing as we had already looked into some before leaving home, or were planning on booking at street tour desks. After booking tours later, we realised that the prices from Destination Asia were significantly more expensive than what you can get them for booking at the abundance of tour desks around Patong. As bbtony said, they are just acting as agents, selling teh tours run by other companies. I would not bother booking with them.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,830 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Destination Asia

Absolutely no need to use them, you can organise transfers probably less than half the price you would pay them, same goes for tours. Like Erin says, they will come see you at your hotel & try to get you to book over priced tours with them.

Cathy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Destination Asia

Who do you suggest to book tours with? We are hoping for someone safe and a decent price. I am worried about booking with someone and then they cancel it due to weather etc and we lose out.

Phuket, Thailand
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Destination Asia

Dear Holiday Sun Fun,

I am writing on behalf of Destination Asia in Phuket.

Many thanks for your inquiry regarding our services.

In fact we do operate airport transfers and we are the trusted supplier of these services as well as tours to many overseas agents.

We have been established in Phuket for over 15 years and are continuously working to improve the standard of services available in Phuket .

We have a very experienced and dedicated team of customer service representatives who offer full assistance and follow up should our clients encounter any issues at all (illness, missed flights, missed tours, accidents, etc, etc).

The representative who will meet you in the lobby is there to offer full assistance for the duration of your stay in Thailand. Offering highly professional and recommended tours is just part of the full service that we provide.

This service is automatically applied to all clients who have transfers booked with us through an overseas agent.

As such, many clients prefer to buy their tours from a well known company that has already been entrusted with their best interests by their agent.

It is true that we do not sell the least expensive tours available in Phuket.

However, we fully guarantee that our tours are full service, fully insured, and sensitive to our clients particular needs.

We stand by the operators that we use as the best available in Phuket and we often “spot check” for quality control to make sure they remain so.

We hope this addresses your concern regarding booking trips with us.

Finally, all of us at Destination Asia wish you have a lovely holiday in Phuket!

Best Regards,

Amy C

Customer Relations Manager

Destination Asia, Thailand

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Destination Asia

We have used Destination Asia on 3 of our trips and they were really good - we didn't book tours with them as my friend in Phuket has her own business that does this but for all of our transfers from the airport to Patong, to Phi Phi Island and back they ran very smoothly and always kept us advised on times to be collected etc.

They also helped us when we were in Thailand and the airport closed dowm in 2008 - it was comforting to just know that they were there.

we also used them in Bali.

It is up to the individual, you can easily arrange things yourself but if you don't want the hassle then they are a reliable option.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Destination Asia

"Who do you suggest to book tours with? We are hoping for someone safe and a decent price. I am worried about booking with someone and then they cancel it due to weather etc and we lose out."

If you want safe then you want a company who will cancel due to weather!! Most likely to9 happen with a Phi Phi Tour.

To get around this book such tours early in your stay so if it does happen to be a wash out, you have a chance to reschedule.

My vote goes to Phuket Sail Tour, for a safe enjoyable trip and not packed like sardines. Costs a bit more , sure, but as they say you do get what you pay for. And this tour is worth every cent

Michelle

Edited: 07 September 2011, 11:16
Wangaratta...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Destination Asia

Don't book with Mandala tours. Terrible tour. You get what you pay for, although having said that, shop around as you will get a good price with a reputable company.

bundaberg
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Destination Asia

Hi amy who does your Phi Phi island tour I just booked through flight centre & they didn't know?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Destination Asia

I am going to book on arrival at our resort for this trip too BundabergSel. We are doing it through destination Asia too.

Get answers to your questions about Patong