We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elephants from Patong

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Elephants from Patong

Hi,

What are the alternatives for interaction/rides/tours involving elephants? We are staying in the Patong area, don't want to travel miles and miles, but would like to hear of other peoples experiences and recommendations.

Some companies will be better than others I guess, is it a case of the more you pay the better the trip?

I would only like to participate with tours that are recognised as not exploiting these fantastic animals.

Advice and opinions please

Lorraine (first timer to Thailand)

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Elephants from Patong

look at the other post

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Elephants from Patong

I think Andy is referring to this one:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293920-i5037-k4…

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elephants from Patong

Just read the posts you refer to Andy. We must both have been typing our question at the same time....and both from the UK. Perhaps the administrators can delete my post to save duplicate answers.

Lorraine

4. Re: Elephants from Patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 22:24