We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorbike rental

2 posts
Save Topic
Motorbike rental

Is there many mortorbike rental shops in patong? How much are the rental rates?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorbike rental

There are. But if you value your safety you won't.

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorbike rental

lots everywhere abt 200bht a day or cheaper for long time

the hospital is quite close too, your trav insurance doesn,t cover you so make sure you have lots of money to pay for treatment

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorbike rental

Theres lots of places to rent bikes. Its a great way to get around the island. Tony obviously points out they aren't safe, but with due care and if you are an experienced rider you probably won't have any problems.

Andy, not sure on your travel insurance policy, but with my policy I am covered as long as I am legally driving ie applicable license. BTW its with Nomads.

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Motorbike rental

hi brio, ive found that the cover is a bit dubious so i didn,t risk hiring one on this trip, i have, and took with me a full licence to ride bikes and the int d/permit

io just used the m/bike taxis -didn,t want to chance it, hiring a bike , i don,t like pain ! suprisingly i only saw one crash tho(outside nicky handlebar hotel where i stayed)--last time i saw 4

chok dee krup

Edited: 14 November 2011, 16:46
Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Motorbike rental

There are places to rent on practically every soi in Patong. You'll be spoilt for choice. Usually pay 150/180baht per day. Hotels usually charge more, about 200baht per day.

Remember you need an IDP with motorcycle entitlement to be legal

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Motorbike rental

thanks for the info. Rented a few years ago at quieter Krabi and really enjoyed it. Recommend any quiet scenic routes in phuket??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Motorbike rental

Totally agree with Brio...!!...It is the best way to get around the island but I have to say that....riding experience and a riders licence is compulsory...In my book...!!...Always wear your helmet(your pillion too)and always carry your licence when riding....Lots of road blocks in Patong and you will get caught if you're not carrying your licence and not wearing of helmets....

I was following a young Thai guy one day down the hill from Kalim into Patong,just past the Baan Rim Pa....Well,he came down in a screaming heap when his chain came off the sprockets and lodged into the swing arm and hub....Luckily he was only doing about 40-50K's which is quick enough anyway....And luckily he only lost the skin off his big toe(wearing flip flops)and skin off his palms and forearm....I don't reckon he slept too well that night...However,I helped as best I could plus taxi drivers also came to his aid....So,as a rule...Always check the bike you're hiring....Tire pressure,brakes,steering,chain etc....

The coastal road all the way down to Nai Harn Beach is a nice ride....Stopping for a drink or lunch at a Nai Harn beah restaurant is a must do...!!

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Motorbike rental

Agree with cocotang, the ride from Patong down through Karon, Kata, all the way to Phromthep Cape is nice. Sometimes go a little further round to Rawai too with a couple of stops on the way (Kata View point & Phromthep Cape)

9. Re: Motorbike rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2012, 10:20