We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic

Just stopping by to introduce myself.

Hello My names Kim, from Bunbury WA and have just booked my fist trip to Phuket.

Staying at the Patong Resort Hotel, 10 days in August, looks nice and central and reviews are ok.

Just wanted to thank you all now, as now I will troll the forums finding best places to eat, visit and shop. Thanks

Stay Safe this New Years Eve. Hope 2012 brings you a year filled with beautiful holidays and wonderful Memories

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,649 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hello

Hello Kim from Bunbury. You're in for a treat!!

Happy new year!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,013 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hello

Nice to meet you Kim

Hope you have a fantastic holiday and a Happy New Year to you too! :-)

Collie WA
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hello

Hi Kim this is Maurice from Collie. I am going on my 4th holiday to Phuket . I have stayed in the Patong Resort hotel two times and will be staying there again in June for 16 days. It is a good hotel I alwas ask to stay in the new part of the hotel near the pool. The hotel is near all the action and not far from the big shopping centre Jungceylong.

If you are into scuba diving you will love it over there. I always have 3 days of diving when I go over there.

You will have a ball over there.

Have a excellent new year.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hello

Don't worry Kim you will have a ball.

Bathurst, Australia
Level Contributor
296 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hello

Hi Kim,

Jane from Bathurst. Off on our second trip to Phuket in June (third to Thailand), this time with the kids.

Staying at The Chava in Surin and then Banthai in Patong. We loved our first trip so much looks like we will be making a yearly pilgrimage!

And I couldn't agree more, I had so many notes and hints from the other wonderful TAs it filled a few pages! Will be doing the same between now and June.

Maroochydore, Qld
Level Contributor
79 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hello

Hi- we went for our first trip to Thailand/Phuket feb 2011 and going back this feb (sounds weird that we are in a new year already!) for 2.5weeks. We too stayed at the patong beach hotel. I was a little worried last year heading over after I read some reviews on here- but we loved it. So close to everything, and room was clean and very nice grounds. We are staying there again this time and will again. Have fun!

Mindarie, Australia
Level Contributor
956 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hello

hi kim you will have a wonderful time everybody on T/A is fantastic we have recently since october been browsing this forum and asking questions go for it you get lots of answers here we are heading back after 13 years this time with no kids you will have an absolute ball happy and safe 2012 and hope all your travel dreams come true

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hello

Hi Kim, welcome to the forum and Happy new year to you!!

I agree with everyone above regarding phuket and the information gained from these wonderful people on here who are happy to share their experiences and knowledge.

I'm afraid I am a newby here also with our first short trip (4 nights) in june 2010 and stayed at Nickys handlebar. We go to bali every year and thought we would just pop in to phuket during our bali trip to see if we would like to go back and spend more time their or stick with what we know....well we have been converted!!

This year we are staying 10 nights in patong and then 9 nights in bali, best of both worlds as far as we are concerned and we still have so much to learn, see and experience.

Enjoy the forum, dont forget the FAQ section also and most of all have a blast on your holiday. :-) Christina :-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,384 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hello

Hi Kim

Welcome to the forum. Like all have said you willl have a great time in Phuket and soom you too will be back on here saying

"Hello, my name is Kim and I am a Phuket Addict!!!"

Happy planning

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hello

Hi Kim, you'll have a ball, happy trawling on the forum.

Get answers to your questions about Patong