We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in patong

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Congleton, England...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather in patong

I'm absolutely gutted...

I've waited 31 years to get to Thailand.

I arrive in phuket on the 9th of jan, for three weeks, five nights in patong, over to ko lanta, then phi phi....

And to my utter dismay, the weather forecasts for the entire three weeks, is rain and storms, no mention of one clear day of sun.

Is it gonna be this bad?!?!? Or does the weather change radically???

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in patong

No its not going to be bad at all. You need to know how to read some forecasts. For instance, the Thai Met Office might show a 'storms' icon but then clarify it with a note like '30% chance of precipitation', which in reality means a 70% chance of nothing but hot weather. You don't say which forecasts you are looking at. Even if there is a storm, it will be short and sharp. January generally has pretty good weather, but islands are always subject to rain showers.

Congleton, England...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in patong

I've scoped the web for all forecasts since getting into a tiz

As yu can imagine, its a bit sole destroying when you see the rain icon everywhere...

But thankyou for your reply :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
787 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in patong

Do not read the weather forecast on the web. They show rain even when it's clear skies, blue seas and 35c! P.S. I hope your "Sole" will be O.K.

Edited: 01 January 2012, 22:22
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in patong

Look at ..karon beach web cam and ease your worries. January is beautiful. Yes you will see a little rain. Maybe a thunder storm. But i can almost promise .mostly hotttt. and sunny. We love Lanta

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in patong

Hate to put the damper on your trip or expectations, but, we are having some unseasonal rain at the moment.

Usually Jan is beautiful, clear blue skies and no rain.l

But, we had a few sprinkles late NYE and then rain much of yesterday, last night, and now it's raining here on Jan 2nd.

My family and i were going to head out this morning for a camping trip off the island but, are going to wait and see at this time.

It's still warm though.

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in patong

i,m here in patong now its 11pm and raining altho the suns coming out a bit right now

its been raining on and off since i arrived2 days ago, hey--thats life!

Congleton, England...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in patong

Well, I can only wait and see, I arrive on the 9th so fingers crossed :os

Congleton, England...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in patong

Ps, thanks for getting intouch, all I hope for is one clear beautiful day, so I can get engaged....so I'm keeping hopeful! :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in patong

A bad day on Phuket is better than a good day at work.

Congleton, England...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in patong

Lol, yeh your 100% correct!

Get answers to your questions about Patong