We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bose Portable Speaker

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bose Portable Speaker

We are staying in Patong in February flying from Heathrow via Kuala Lumpar. Whilst on this holiday I am looking to buy a Bose SoundDock® Portable digital music system. They are £350 here in the UK. I was wondering if there would be any where in KL airport or in Patong itself to buy one and if so what kind of price would I have to pay?

Thanks

Lorraine

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bose Portable Speaker

I would think you would have a much better chance finding them in KL.

Many big malls there.

Here, in Phuket, we only have 2 smaller malls and if there is a Bose dealer in Phuket town, I doubt it would be cheaper than your home country.

Good luck.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,786 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bose Portable Speaker

Doubt whether you will get this kit much cheaper in KL either.

uk
Level Contributor
188 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bose Portable Speaker

Bose outlet shops in the UK are cheaper by far.

4. Re: Bose Portable Speaker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 May 2012, 05:35
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bose Portable Speaker

Hi Lorraine, it will be great if instead of KL, you land in HK, then fly to Phuket.

Thailand is no no for Bose- price is much higher than in KL,and KL is just slightly higher than HK, but way high in comparison in UK.

I had bought Bose in London and also HK. The one in London,is because, for the particular item, the sales fellow keep telling me....out of stock..have to wait,and it so happen, I saw it in London.

Well, for the portable speaker that you mentioned, in HK it retails for HKD3400(which is under GBP280).

And well, in KL, the price is RM2290(that is around GBP460).

(even for my Cambridge Audio, I went around Singapore, KL- also HK offers the best price,and slightly lower than in UK).

Personally, I like Cambridge Audio to Bose---must had been my first love with UK based audio system--my first was the Linn turntable- a true beau in its simplicity.

Bose is like an everyday use..but for special occasions music, Cmabridge Audio lives up.

Oh by the way, in Bose UK online shop website, this SoundDock® Portable digital music system sells for GBP329.95 and free delivery within UK,and as I always love about the UK- this also has 30 days free trial. ( I am guilty as claimed- my first degree final year dissertation was typed on a free trial typewriter from Argos- after burning the midnight oil typing it- return it within seven days for full refund).

6. Re: Bose Portable Speaker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2013, 10:23