We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended hotels in Phuket

Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended hotels in Phuket

Hi, I will be visiting phuket end of May for 3D2N. its my first time to phuket..

I did some research and was wondering if these hotels appended would be good?

Millennium Resort

Holiday Inn Resort

The Royal Phuket Yacht Club Hotel

I shortlisted these 3 places after my reviews from our fellow travellers, but i had some concerns like:

1) will the patong beach be super packed,

2) how long is the journey from the airport?

3) I notice the hotel airport transfers are expensive and I am in a dilemma if i should go for metered taxi upon arrival. Any suggestions?

4) Is it worth gg to phiphi island? how long is the journey? (I am not a strong swimmer though)

I certainly welcome all frank comments and feedbacks.

Thank you in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,169 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended hotels in Phuket

Hi,

With regard to your fourth point:

IMO Phi Phi is worth visiting but it is quite a long swim ! The regular ferry from Phuket takes about 1.5 hours.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended hotels in Phuket

Yes, you'd want to put some swim arm bands on if you were going to try to tackle that : )

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended hotels in Phuket

Millennium Resort is a nice hotel, I stayed there last November and the breakfast is fantastic.

It's about 40 - 50 minutes from the airport depending on traffic. Turn right out of the airport and grab a fixed price taxi

My blog

-http://andysitchyfeet.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/bali-and-phuket-part-1-2011.html

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended hotels in Phuket

Unless you're a marathon swimmer...i'd say the swim to Koh Phi Phi would take the best part of a day...!!...And another week to recover...

Patong Beach will not be super packed in May....

Patong beach to Phuket airport is 35 kilometers approximately...

Holiday Inn on Patong Beach has good reviews and you're also in a location to see and do lots of walking and shopping....

I think the Royal Phuket Yacht Club is on Nai Harn Beach....!!/?....Anyway,Nai Harn Beach is absolutely scenically beautiful but extremely quiet with only a few shops and a line of restaurants along and back from the beach...

Mentioned in this post
Patong Beach
Patong Beach
13,337 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Nai Harn Beach
Nai Harn Beach
3,523 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended hotels in Phuket

hi all, thanks for your lovely comments! I shall bear your suggestions in mind. Perhaps, i will decide either holiday inn or Millennium hotel. Guess I will catch a fixed meter taxi to the hotel.

1) Any idea how much should i pay for it (including airport tax)? is 600baht sufficient?

2) Does the hotel arrange tours to phi phi island?

3)Can i dive in phi phi? If so, how much is the rental?

Andrew: love your blog! Its rather informative. A sporting and caring dad indeed. Sounds fun!

KON1965: haha.. yes! Perhaps, i should do that! (embarassing :X)

6. Re: Recommended hotels in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Patong