We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accom in Patong

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Broadbeach
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Accom in Patong

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me? I have been trawling through accom sites for many days trying to fine a suitable resort for our stay in August and I am absolutely confused now. We are looking for an hotel that is very near to the hustle and bustle of Phuket/Patong but once you walk through the front gates you are in an oasis of serenity. There is a group of 10 of us ranging from 23 to 60. One of our group needs a lap pool for training, another: either ground floor or lifts as they cannot manage stairs. The younger ones desire a pool bar and I just want to get it all sorted!!! lol. We would dearly love to pay only about $70.00 per night. Please, please, somebody help!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accom in Patong

Hi Judith,...I would suggest Palmyra resort Patong...Has good reviews,nice pool and within your budget....

Palmyra is set back off Rhatuthit Road so it is in a quiet location....Tho' a short walk from the resort onto Rhatuthit and up to Bangla Road will take you right into the action....

The Royal Paradise is also in your budget and also on Rhatuthit and even closer to the action than Palmyra....Fantastic pool area...We preferred the paradise wing for the fabulous views altho' the royal wing is nice too and newer,tho' close to soi paradise which can get kinda noisy at night....

Anyway this is just a choice of two amongst hundreds of beautiful hotels...

We always book via sawadee.com

Broadbeach
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accom in Patong

Thanks Cocotang, The Royal looks really interesting. We have booked our fares so we are just trying to sort out accom now. Thanks for your suggestions. Judith

Australia
Level Contributor
197 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accom in Patong

I wouldn't book the Royal Paradise if you can't manage stairs, The Royal Wing only has access via stairs (about 15 steps up to the elevators). The breakfast area is up a large staircase too..... the enterance of the hotel has a ramp to walk up, you would have to negotiate with the hotel to avoid these issues, however that also means extra noise from Soi Paradise and no views! It does tick all of the other boxes though for your group.

Broadbeach
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accom in Patong

Would the Paradise wing have easier access? Thanks. Judith

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accom in Patong

Judith...From the driveway up to the front door of RPH is about 6 steps or they also have a ramp at the front which has a gentle rise up to the front entrance...

Entrance to the lift is on the same floor as reception...No steps....

The lift goes up to the same floor as the restaurant....And all floors above....

So no steps....There are however about 15-20 steps up to the restaurant if you do not want to wait for the lift...

We preferred the Paradise wing because of the fabulous views....They were renovating the paradise wing while we there and hopefully by now,paradise wing is totally refurbished....

geelong
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accom in Patong

Hi,

Andaman Beach Suites may be suitable. Great size pool for laps. There is no swim up pool bar, but the bar is close to the pool. Decent size rooms and we found it to be very quiet.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accom in Patong

also have a kook at the Royal Phawadee Village. Perfect location for the young ones, although no swim up bar. Absolutely when you walk through the reception lounge, you would think you are miles away from the hussle and bussle. We have stayed here twice and would never consider anywhere else.

Australia
Level Contributor
197 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accom in Patong

Paradise Wing @ RP would be better for the no stairs option. How limited is the mobility of the person?

Broadbeach
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Accom in Patong

Hi, No problem walking on the flat, its only stairs that create the problem. When you look at photos of the RP is the Paradise wing the lower building? Also do you have a recommendation for booking accom through? I have looked at about 7 different agents: Agoda, Sawhadee, Booking.com etc and the rates are quite different. I have never booked through an agent before, have always gone direct to the property (in other countries) and this time I am also doing it on behalf of others. When booking with an agent is everything paid at time of booking , or do you pay a deposit and the balance nearer the time? Sorry for all the questions. Hope you can help me. Thanks Judith

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accom in Patong

The lower building is Royal wing...The Paradise wing is one of the tallest buildings in patong....

We always book thru sawadee.com and never had a problem....Pay a deposit and then they remind you when you have to pay the balance....

When we booked thru sawadee,they had a fabulous deal whereby you book to stay for 30 days and only pay for 15...However,you have to pay for 15 breakfasts which is minimal....This deal no longer exists unfortunately....

However check all the different websites and you can play one off the other and bargain the price down....

Get answers to your questions about Patong