We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with accom

Broadbeach
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Please help with accom

Hi, I have been trawling through accom sites for days, trying to find an hotel for our stay in August and i am just so confused now. We are a group of 11 ranging from 23 to 60. We are wanting a resort right in the heart of the hustle and bustle but when you walk through the resort gates your are in a serene oasis. One of our group needs to be on the ground floor, or lift access, as they are unable to climb stairs. Another needs a lap pool for training and the younger ones would love a pool bar!! And I just want to get it sorted!! LOL. We are hoping that we can get something for around $70.00 per night. Am I dreaming?!! Thanks in advance J

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
874 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with accom

Hi, the Holiday Inn sounds perfect.....but not for $70 per night! Sorry.

August is low season so you should be able to find something (hopefully to suit everyone) within your budget.

Happy holidays :)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with accom

HI sounds good for you but not in Busakorn wing....you might get the superior rooms in the main wing for your $$ but they look out over the car park, you can always go throught to the pools in Busakorn wing

Patong Merlin, Millenium, Banthai & Duangjitt also might suit and in your budget range, through a travel agent you should get a good deal witht the free nights (stay/pay) in low season

happy planning :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help with accom

have you looked at the baumanburi right next door to otop markets 5 min walk to beach opposite clubs, pool bar big enough pool for laps and there are ground floor units and lift access to other floors the cheapest web site i found for the resort was bookings.com but check others as they have a best price guarantee hope this helps

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help with accom

Hi,

Hope you can assist me, I am going Dec for new year, want to be on the beach front, so which would be the best hotel to go for.

I was at the Patong Beach Hotel and Seaview Patong.

Any other suggestions?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help with accom

I hate to sound like a broken record but for $70 you will not get better value than Duangjitt. Agoda has the most basic rooms (Superior) on special for around $74 at the moment. That's pretty cheap for the facilities you get. It's not all things to all people, and has no lap pool, but it has a super big pool, and another you could swim laps around in circles. Many different room types but (from memory) there would be a few steps (3 or 4) to the cheapest sort. Most hotels will have steps somewhere along the line. If a few steps are ok, I'd stay at Duangjitt. If walking is also a problem, might not be the best place as it's on many acres, and is a long walk down the driveway, though only a few minutes from Otop or the beach.

If the person who can't climb stairs is happy to share a two story apartment suite, the Family Suite would be ideal. I think it has ramps all the way, and is fabulous. It has complete set ups, beds bathrooms, tv's, a safe etc upstairs, and downstairs. Agoda has this at about $220, but split b/w 2 lots of people that's $110, for pure luxury.

Be aware, room selection is very important here, especially for Superior rooms. Do your research !

Edited: 25 February 2012, 12:56
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
389 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help with accom

I think the Banthai ticks all of those boxes - it is on the main beach road, the location really can't be beat. Right in the middle of all the action, but it is set back from the road so very relaxing inside. The rooms that would be in your budget are on the 2nd floor and up (superior), but there are lifts. The ground floor rooms are lovely but a little over your budget. There are pretty decent sized pools (3) and all have pool bars. The staff are great, brekkie delicious and the ground gorgeous. Check it out :-)

www.banthaiphuket.com/

7. Re: Please help with accom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 21:35
Get answers to your questions about Patong