We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go Karting and Parasailing

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Go Karting and Parasailing

Hi everyone,

my friend wants to go, go karting and parasailing when we are there in may, I have looked at the go kart website and there seems to be alot of info except for pricing??

Has anyone had any experience or have any info on both of these activities please?

Cheers,

Chris ;-)

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Go Karting and Parasailing

hi chris, in patong ot thereabouts there are 2 go carting places--

as for parasailing you can do that in patong beach its 1,500 bht a go, thats about £31-- a ripoff imo , same as the go-carts

if u decide to use the jet-skis , --don,t

phuket-info.com/forums/general/31030-i-will-…

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Go Karting and Parasailing

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that, yes it's not really something we are interested in doing ourselves (hubby & I) but our friend went to patong for the first time 8 years ago and he took his kids go karting and had a blast and wanted to go again and the parasailing is just something on his bucket list lol, each to there own huh ;o)

Cheers

Chris

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
572 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Go Karting and Parasailing

Well, my ONE parasailing ride at Patong Beach was great (but then, I'm easily awed by such a ride). I thought it was worth the price I paid. This was back in 2002 or 2003, so maybe less money (and the exch rate was no doubt better for my $ as well).

I've not done go-karting, but a son has, on Samui. His main comment is that the karts are very fast! You pay more for the faster karts. I think they had '3' different speed/engine levels. Son would only drive the fastest. The lower level ones are more for kids or parent/child riding together.

Mentioned in this post
Patong Beach
Patong Beach
13,490 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Go Karting and Parasailing

Go to Phuket Kart Professional Karting web address: www.phuketkart.com

My husband and sons loved it so much they went twice. Hired 100cc 2 stroke race karts for 1000 THB, $30AUS dollars for about 15 mins, Seriously after pushing the speed limit you will be exhausted after that. Exhilarated but exhausted.

Parrasailing on Patong beach was $1500 THB, but like anything negotiate. There was two of us doing it, the guy started at 1800THB but we sweet talked him down. Again very exhilarating and scary when your guide jumps into the shoot and takes off with you without a harness. Great Fun, will do it again.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Kart
Phuket Kart
230 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Patong Beach
Patong Beach
13,490 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,138 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Go Karting and Parasailing

What happens if you damage the carts? Do they have insurance or do you have to pay inflated repair costs?

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Go Karting and Parasailing

probably the same as if u damage the jetskis,

ask before you take a ride i guess, and go really s-lowly!

apparently theres a place that does quad bike tours , i saw the place advertised on the way to karon beach, that sounds good/better than driving around in circles on a track!

google it maybye?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Go Karting and Parasailing

http://www.phuketkart.com/ had a chart up on the wall that listed the drivers responsibility, the Karting responsibility and a list of parts and the cost if it was damages. Phuket Karting track is where they hold there regular races and Championships, Great track lots of curves. Oh and western toilets too LOL

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Go Karting and Parasailing

Thanks for your comments everyone :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,781 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Go Karting and Parasailing

My son did the parasailing 2 years ago when he was 16 and loved it. My wife and I did it many many years ago, me in Corfu in 1985 and she in Phuket in 1991. Pretty sure we paid about 1,000 bht at Patong 2 years ago and it lasted about 10 mins. It was pretty well organised and the take off and landing were gentle. If you've never done it before it's a blast and a fun one time experience.

We did the go karting over the hill from Patong in 2008, can't remember the price but my son was about 14 at the time and had a ball. The price wasn't too bad from memory but I cant recall exactly. There are diffierent power karts so the price varies. It is fun though.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
At Patong Hotel
At Patong Hotel
60 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Go Karting and Parasailing

I did parasailing 1st time I went, thought it was fun, as said above great one time experience, and if you did the same thing in Aus it would cost alot more.

If your not rreally interested in the Go Kart, why not have a look at the ATV (quad Bike )Tour. The one in Phang Nga is apparently better than the one on Phuket, but both pick you up from hotel. They look like a great day out where you get to see senery, not just a Go kart track

Michelle

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Kart
Phuket Kart
230 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Get answers to your questions about Patong