We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR 17thFeb - 28th Feb 2012

Tuross Head...
Level Contributor
159 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
JBR 17thFeb - 28th Feb 2012

Well guys , we are back and yes loved it . Thankyou to all of you who helped me organize stuff before we went , made it a breeze . So kick back and read away ....

FLIGHTS : Singapore Airlines A380 on the upper level . There are 88 economy seats , compared to bout 311 on the lower level , so was great didnt have to wait long for food and toilets and also much quieter as not many people . Changed planes at Singapore to Silk Air ,they were good also . Took off 2hrs late to Phuket as waited at Changi as very busy , didnt matter we were excited !

PATONG : Yes that bendy road into Patong was hairy to say the least ,bikes whizzing past us and the lights dazzling , the 4 other girls were in total shock , they all looked like those clowns at the carnival - wide eyed and mouth open ,faces swinging side to side . Couldnt believe how the town was so busy .( their first time overseas )

1. THARA RESORT and SPA : Checked in for 5 nights. Upgraded to Deluxe Room overlooked pool . Great start then we were told we werent together , Kerrie and her 2 girls were across in another building ,she was not pleased as she a little unsure , but we rang one another thru the room phones , just abit of a hassel . Nice enough place , breaky good . Woke one morning to find water everywhere running out the front door.... aircon leaking .Maintenence men came and fixed it , but also they must have used our toilet . The seat was up and it smelt like wee.... yellow urine everywhere, over floor and across in the little bin ....bloody disgusting .Flew down to reception and complained, try telling them what happened was funny now but I literally had to play charades ,but got message across . They sent cleaners up but that was all ,no apology .

2. PATONG MERLIN RESORT : Checked in for 6 nights , had Deluxe Pool View rooms in building 4 . 4th floor ,so lovely . Huge place ,great breakys ,staff just lovely . Would stay here again so close to everything . We also had 2 rooms side by side , which were interconnecting as well . Tried the Cafe Del Mar a few nights for tea , good food and reasonable .

3. FOOD : Nickys Handlebar ,Met Dave great bloke and we also checked out the back where the bikes and cars are ...awsome. Loved THE BEAST haha . Food delish and caught up with "Bom " such a nice girl , we asked her lots of questions on what she had been up too . " Debs " came later also saw her for a bit ,but would catch her on the Phi Phi trip. Scruffy Murphys was great too , good for people watching . Sabai on the beach for lunch was so cheap and very good , great to put your toes in the sand while eating . Shakers was another we tried ,again great food and prices, big plates and helpings. On our last night we went to Holiday Inn ,which was abit more to pay than out on street but we were very happy .

4. PHUKET SAIL TOURS : Well what can I say that already hasnt been said ....its all true ,they are so good . We did the 3 boat tours and loved all of it !! Phi Phi was first with Sean . What a lovely bloke and so informative about what we were looking at . I must also say that when we were heading out ,I decided to go up front with the girls on the speedboat ,and a buddying photographer , went to kneel on seats and I just looked up and WHOOSH there goes my cap !! The driver spun in a tight circle and we looked for it ,( it was white ) well Sean then said I think its sunk ,they dont stay up for long with the wash behind us . Then there it was floating like a good old cap ( one of my favourites :-) ) Wow I thought how good are they to stop and try to find it for me ....thats service !!! LOVE YOU GUYS xx The trip was everything we hoped .

Koh Phanak Hong and Cave Sailboat with Capt Mark , again very different and so relaxing ,beautiful scenery . Great lunch on a little beach just with us ,peaceful . On the way home the engine failed so Capt Mark got in the dingy and tied the litle boat to the sailboat and the poor little engine was pulling us along . They were going to get us home write or wrong ! Then the wind picked up and the sails were hoisted , and off we go !!! lovely the sails got up its so nice . A great day .

James Bond tour , was everything you think its going to be , just awsome . took lots of pics like everyone else. The floating village was really good and beautiful food and so much . More swimming and home not to late ,such a great company . ( have done a review for them also ) .

5. DENTIST : Sea Smile Clinic opp Jungceylon . Had 6 old veneers off , and replaced with 6 new porcelean ones . Dr Dong attended me and what a gentlemen. Such a professional and caring place .Would recommend highly . Also had one filling replaced and had a clean. Never been to a dentist and NOT felt the needle ,WOW why does it hurt here ?? Love my new teeth and so does my family .

6.ROYAL ARMANI TAILORS OTOP : Raj made me 3 dresses which I took one over that fit well .Couple of days and perfect . Kerrie ended up having 2 pants made and her daughter also had 2 sleeveless shirts made that she found the style in a Dolly Mag , so good and looked like the pic .Very happy .Thanks to TA for the know how !!

7. PANYA : Again what could I say that hasnt been said .....THE BEST ! Took us to the best spots for pics. Great info and nothing too much trouble . Went to Koh Chang Elephants and Panya waited while we did the hr trip . Loved the Ele"s . Panyas day was 9am till 5pm a full day with lots included. 3 days later we walking to Jungceylon and we heard " MADAME TRACEY " and looked across street and there was Panya running across to us .. he wanted to know what we had been up to since we saw him ...we just thought OMG how lovely is this guy and to recognize us a few days later . :-)

8. SHOPPING : Heres what a bought ...Sarongs , 3 Jimmy Choo Handbags , 1 J Choo wallet , 4 pairs shoes ( Findigs ) , Dresses , soap carvings , Beautyland (heaps of makeup and Baby face creme ), 2 Doona covers , 4 table runners , Lemongrass spray and oils and bangles etc . Lots from bottom area of Jungceylon, had to mail stuff back as I was overloaded haha .The 4 others did same damage also LOL !! I also bought myself a beautiful 3 gold Trinty Cartier ring from P and C jewellers ...just stunning .

9. Did fish spa and what a feeling......but so smooth when feet and legs appeared . Went to MONTRA massage with Kerrie while our girls shopped and had the most relaxing foot rub aaahhhh. 5 STAR Massage was great too , had facials and foot rubs here all 5 of us at once . The girls loved the pampering.( they are 15,15 and 13 )

Well I think thats it ....LOL hope not to boring for all you thats been heaps before !! We loved every moment , and packed lots in too . Home now with bloody heater on and raining......Wheres that 35 degrees ???

Till next time " La Gon Ka "

Trace x

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,174 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR 17thFeb - 28th Feb 2012

Sounds like a fun trip was had by all... the shopping and massages in Phuket are great, aren't they!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR 17thFeb - 28th Feb 2012

Hubby and I are going back in June, 5th trip to Thailand. Where is the P&C Jewellers located? What sort of pricing are their pieces?

Bernadette

Tuross Head...
Level Contributor
159 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR 17thFeb - 28th Feb 2012

Hi Bernadette , they are between on the beach road ,Holiday Inn and Patong Merlin its a little street ,you cant miss it . Maybe use Mapjack....thats how I got familiar with where everything was :-) Theres a shop that sells eye glasses on the corner ! Its next to that .

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR 17thFeb - 28th Feb 2012

Thanks so much. Hope you are back in Thailand before Too long!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR 17thFeb - 28th Feb 2012

Thanks Pandora, I found it ! on Mapjack, wow I like Mapjack.

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
571 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR 17thFeb - 28th Feb 2012

Hi Pandora what a great JBR I enjoyed reading every minute of it and I'm so glad all you guys had a fantastic holiday, I knew you would. I will definately book the other speed boat trip with Phuket Sail tours next time and won't delete all of my photos. It was great meeting you all and had a great night, thanks for the kind words. I'm in the process of planning my next trip hopefully for Oct, can't wait to get back there

All the best

Bom

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: JBR 17thFeb - 28th Feb 2012

Loved your JBR fun time had by all and you sound like you did heaps. P&C are great l had a pendant made by Charlie & love it. Would you stay @ Thara resort again?

cheers Midori

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,927 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JBR 17thFeb - 28th Feb 2012

Loved reading your report Trace, sounds like everyone had a great time.

Cathy

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JBR 17thFeb - 28th Feb 2012

Hi Trac Great JBR, you totally soiund like you have officially joined out club!!! PAC, check it out on FB if you have not already.

PST, so glad you loved them like I do, just the best company, best trip, I hav a mental Picture of Mark in the Dingy, towing the Sakai, OMG how funny. Poor Mark he would have beeen so appolagetic about it. But so good the wind picked up and you got to sail, doesnt always happen, but its nice when it does.

You girls sound like you did great shopping!! Montra is one of my Fav masage places, only prob is I get cold from the AC when I leave there.

Hey Bom, you planning October? Might meet up with you, I will be there from the 8th to 26th!

Thanks for sharing, glad you loved it!

Michelle

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JBR 17thFeb - 28th Feb 2012

Thanks for your report, you certainly did a lot of shopping as I'm planning to do in a couple of months.