We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dental Work In Patong

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Dental Work In Patong

Looking for feedback and recommendations to get teeth checked out and whitened.

Hate going to Dentist and costs in Aus are extreme.

Can you let me know the best in area.

Going with better half at end of May for 8 nights. Will this be enough time to book then or do I book before going?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dental Work In Patong

Plenty of good recommendations for dentists on the forum, try doing a search for dentists as too many to add here. Also read experiences on teeth whitening, a few bad reports re pain afterwards. Sue

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dental Work In Patong

The best in Patong is Seasmile Dental Clinic man. My friends and I and actually many people in this forum use this one and we are super satisfied with the result. Check up is for free, whitening depends. Take home whitening is cheaper but takes longer, laser whitening is fast and costs around 7000-8000 baht (around 280 bux) last time i had it done. Check old posts about details and here goes their website

www.thaidentalcenter.com. Have a good one!

Tuross Head...
Level Contributor
151 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dental Work In Patong

Yes would also say Sea Smile Clinic opposite Jungcelyon Centre . Went in Feb and had 6 veneers done and a clean and replaced an old filling . Painless as well , didnt even feel the needle and I hate dentists haha . Very happy with the results . Check the web site as above ..... Webster has put down .Trace x

Phuket, Phuket...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dental Work In Patong

Well I live here and can confirm that although MOST dentist are very good, just to be safe use one of the hospitals, Phuket International or Bangkok Phuket.

Teeth whitening IS VERY PAINFUL for about 48 hours after

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dental Work In Patong

I have had dental work done in Patong and will be back in May for some more work. Have your checkup before you go so you do not get up sold dental work that you do not need. I have had this happen to me in the past, As i new what i wanted done i declined the extra work and had this confirmed back in Aus with 2 dentists that it was not needed.

As for the teeth whitening for some it can be painful and for others it's ok. Get your teeth whitening treatment done on your last day so you can get over it on the plane.

Edited: 16 March 2012, 10:26
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
138 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dental Work In Patong

I went to get my teeth whitened yesterday at Dental Home Clinic in Karon. (they have a website). I went there based on the recommendation of another lady on trip advisor who'd had some significiant work there.

I had Zoom whitening done last night and a couple of minor zingers and beyond that no pain - I walked home over the hill from Karon to Kata eating an icecream after dark with no issue.

The cost was 12000 with a take home kit. Don't get it done the last day, you may need any white fillings upgrading as they no longer match the colour of your newly whitened teeth. I fly out Monday and I got it done Friday evening. You can't drink wine, tea, coffee, eat curry or smoke for 24 - 48 hours afterwards.

I'm very happy with my results although the dentist couldn't understand why I'd want my teeth whitened as they are already really white. I booked a couple of months in advance and visited my dentist before going to Thailand to ensure everything was in top shape.

Perth
Level Contributor
578 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dental Work In Patong

Can recommend Promjai Dental clinic at the Patong Merlin hotel Dr Joy is a lovely lady I've been seeing her for 4 years now we go to Phuket every year and are returning again this August.

I've had teeth whitening which was the Britesmile less sensativeity with this one rather than zoom ive also had fillings and last visit 2 x crowns done, as soon as you arrive go and visit the clinic to make an appointment as it does get very busy.

Regards Michelle.

8. Re: Dental Work In Patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 06:18